

Last night as we had everyone tucked into bed and off to sleep KC started waking up crying. We couldn't figure out what was wrong, no fever, no 'owies' anywhere. Just uncontrollable crying. We got him back to sleep and about an hour later he was at it again. This time we took him in our room, so not to wake up Parker, and to give him some tylenol in case maybe he had something hurting him that we didn't know about. As Aaron was getting the tylenol KC threw up all over me, our bedroom floor, and part of our bed. On my side of course. He did this a few more times before we could get anything fast enough to help contain the mess.
Sweet Aaron helped me get KC's clothes off and mine and get us changed and KC bathed. Then while I cuddled KC on the couch Aaron cleaned up the whole mess, even put the dirty stuff in washing machine and cleaned it.
We got KC all settled and just as Aaron sat down on the couch by us we heard Parker start to cry. Aaron rushed in and got him just in time to make it to the bathroom where Parker was sick, really sick. That began our long night of sleeping on the couch, throw up bowls, and crying kids. KC was up about every hour being sick, and Parker about as often. At least we could put Parker back to bed eventually and know that he could get to his bowl if he needed to.
We had to stay up with KC all night to make sure he was okay and that there were no more messes around him. So we took shifts, but I don't think either of us really slept at all till this morning. When it was my turn to lay down in the bedroom I couldn't help but come running out whenever I heard the kids crying. So finally I sent Aaron to bed hoping he would have more luck at getting to sleep than I did.
So KC's finally sleeping soundly, Parkers up and eating a little without any problems yet. Aarons still in bed and I just got up a few minutes ago.
They hadn't been sick at all during the day yesterday, and still don't have any fevers or anything. The only thing we can think of is that maybe they got food poisoning from lunch yesterday. We ate out and they both had the same thing.
It's so sad to see them so miserable and not being able to do anything to help them other than sit there with them. I hope that we don't have to do this again for a while.
6 comments:
So so sad. What a miserable night for you. Hope they are doing better this morning and that you all get some rest. Love you. And yeah for 3 cute little boys.
Oh :( no fun at all! Nights like that are terrible. I hope everybody feels better and that you can all sleep tonight. Poor little guys! And poor you for getting thrown up on, and poor Aaron for having to clean it all up! You all have my sympathy!!
This definitely sounds like food poisoning. I'd get ahold of that restaurant and tell them, and i'd call county health, too. Other kids might have been even sicker, and something at that place is really wrong.
I've had it, and never felt sicker in my life.
And oh, how I remember pulling all=nighters like this. Bless your hearts. the worst night for us was when Ginna just turned her head to the wall, on the top bunk, and threw up all down the wall behind the beds. Oy.
As you see, she survived. And so did I. But oh, my - this is being in the trenches.
Do call as I suggested if you can. It may prevent worse happening to somebody else.
Oh i'm sorry to hear they are so sick. Nights like that are so hard. I hope that they are feeling better and that everyone gets some sleep tonight.
We're doing the same thing right now - only with colds, not flu. I wish you a quick recovery! No sleep is a terrible thing!
Ohhh, I am SO sorry! That is not fun at all and I really hope they are over it and that you (and Aaron for that matter) have been able to get some sleep!
Post a Comment