Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Polls

So I got a little bored and added a few polls, check them out and let me know what you think. The 'home birth" poll is because I'm seriously considering it, it is a lot less expensive and I could have a water birth, but at the same time it seems really scary.
The toy poll because last week I got the kids some new toys and they have already forgotten them. I usually only get them at birthdays and such, but I gave in to the constant complaining of boredom and we went to the toy store.
We should find out in the next few weeks what baby number 3 will be :) so I'm wondering what your guesses are.
anyways, I'm off to work on my cakes, pics coming soon :)

9 comments:

Stephanie said...

So, I don't think I would ever consider having a baby at home, I would rather be at the hospital because I am a "just in case" kinda girl, but I don't think "you're crazy!". Also, I have been known to peruse the $1 section at target and grab a book or toy on a whim for Jack, but I don't think I've bought any good "toys" without having a reason for it...but I only have 1 kid and he's not even 2, there's plenty of time to change, right? :D

Liz said...

My sister gave birth at home with her 1st and then at a birthing center with her second. I don't know if you've ever seen "The Business of Being Born" but it is a very telling documentary about our country's health care "business." It has a couple f-words in it, just so you know. I watched it a few months ago and still think about it on a regular basis. I want to try a birthing center with my next baby, but eventually I'd like to try a home birth. You should go for it!!

Sarah said...

I thought about it and researched it, but both my kids needed help and I was glad I was at a hospital.

Toys, not just on birthdays and stuff. SOmetimes we have Mom and Me days when I have only one child and it's special. Kai got a pirate hat, hook and eye patch at the dollar store yesterday.

And you're gonna have to change your blog title cause YOU'RE HAVING A GIRL!!

Regan said...

I had to choose that I wouldn't do a home birth because C-sections would be difficult at home and VBACs way too dangerous, but I know a lot of people who have done it and loved the experience. I'm sensitive when it comes to the "birth/babies" issues and would never, ever tell someone that I thought they or their choices were crazy. :) Do you have a midwife or someone to deliver the baby?

Lechelle said...

For both our pregnancies we had a CRN (Certified Nurse Midwife) who had a birthing center inside a hospital, so we were going to do the water birth or father-assisted birth there. Some hospitals have birthing centers in them, accross the street from them, or even an arrangement with midwives to use the hospital for delivery. So it might be worth it to call the hospitals covered by your insurance to ask if they have anything like that available.
Here are a couple sites that I found helpful on the subject:
http://birthnaturally.wordpress.com/
http://www.mothering.com/articles/pregnancy_birth/waterbirth/waterbirth.html
Good luck

Kari said...

For the hospital closest to us there are no midwifes that deliver there, and there is only one birthing center in Utah county, crazy huh considering how many babies there are here. I'd really like to go there, but it'd end up costing more to go there with the midwife than to go to the hospital because our insurance will only pay if we use the hospital. I'm trying to convince Aaron that it's okay and we should use it anyway, but it would save us a lot of we just do it at home. There are a lot of great midwifes here that I've been looking into. I might go up to American Fork hospital because I can have a midwife there, but its a drive so we'll see.

jules said...

I thought about having a natural birth, but with Noah being a emergency c-section, I wanted to be at a hospital with the rest just in case. I think it would be interesting, and we had a neighbor who just delivered her last one at home. She said it was great, and her easiest one to recover from. Good luck with deciding.

Shersy said...

Something to think about. :) For me it was not an option - with my first traumatic experience and subsequent inductions (needed!) I learned that I needed to be where they could best care for the baby. Won't put all the stories on here - if you want to hear them call me :) That's just me, though. I think if you feel good about it - why not?

Love you!

Gimsbacher Runners said...

NO home birth! Too many things that can happen and you have no immediate help! (what did you think I would say!) A birthing center would be OK, there are too many scarie stories that you don't need to hear, you just need to have the best Dr and nurse in the hospital or birthing center and tell then what you want. Becky