Saturday, October 25, 2008



Well, there are no barbies in my near future. I have to admit I shed a few tears when we found out, and I'm glad I have 5 months to get used to the idea of having 3 little boys. So even though I'm a bit disappointed, I'm sure we'll love this next little boy just as much as we do the others, and in time I will be excited. At least I can reuse all those cute little clothes I had for the others that I loved so much.

---Big thanks to Evelyn for stopping by the cheer me up and remind me just how cute little boy stuff is :)---

17 comments:

Sarah said...

Don't mess with what you know! You understand those boys and how they work. Why mess with a good thing? You could always buy this one a Barbie! ;) He'll be just as sweet and cute, you're a great mom no matter the gender!

Regan said...

Well, you won't have to change the name of your blog! That looks pretty certain there. Congratulations! I think it's okay to be sad for a little while.

Becky said...

I always smile when moms find out they're having their third little boy, because that's what we had! They're a handful but wonderful, too.
And if you ever do end up having a little sister for them, it makes her all the sweeter!
Congratulations! Really!

Mark and Audrey said...

You found out sooner than I did! Lucky! I was sad about having a boy too. But I'm sure in time we will get used to the idea and wouldnt have it any other way :):)

Joan said...

You are such a GREAT MOM....and having three boys to play together will be so nice for them....We love you--take care

Ginna said...

oh...another cute little dude! Well congratulations. I'm sure they're have to be a little girl in the family sometime in the next 20 years!!!
I'm excited for you. It is nice to think of getting to use some of the cute stuff again, right?

Annie said...

That's exciting!! You have such cute boys and they'll all have so much fun together!!

Humphries said...

Congratulations! I remember when we found out we were having a boy and I was upset because I was certain it was a girl, but now I couldn't imagine having anyone but him. I know you'll do great, you are such a good mom.

Ann said...

Hey Kari! Congratulations! I can't believe you're going to have three kids. It's crazy! Like everyone else said, you are an awesome mom.
That red cake you did is awesome by the way. Why didn't you do my wedding cake?

GrannySharon said...

I am like everyone else...I am glad it is a boy for lots of reasons!! Mostly, I just want him to be happy & healthy!! Remember feeling that you couldn't possibly love KC as much as you loved Parker before KC was born?? Think of it the same way...once you hold him in your arms you'll wonder how you could've wanted someone else in your arms!!

K said...

Funny. When I went into labor with my first, and she was forced out into the world, the first thing I said when they told me I had had a little girl was, "Everybody's going to kill me." Almost everybody we knew had all boys, scads of boys, tons of boys. And here, I scored a girl on my first time!

Makes me feel guilty here, now.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! We are happy about another grandchild. It will be fun to have another boy for Parker and K.C. to play with.

The Pickled Red Herring said...

Hey I would LOVE to have a boy!!! Congrats!!!!! I always said if I had a family of all one gender I would rather it be boys! (Yeah look at me now...) And I just KNOW our next one is going to be another girl! AAHHH Will I ever get my boy?

Dan and Anne said...

YAY for boys! Girls are fun too but I think after having a boy and seeing how much little girls need I wonder how anyone does it!

Liz said...

Congratulations! We love boys. :) I hope I have many more boys! Besides, it's much more fun to shop for trucks and cars than it is to figure out which doll makes the least amount of mess when it does its "real pee" thing. :)

Stephanie said...

I'm sorry you felt sad! You know, I had ALWAYS wanted to have a boy first, but I'm just not the kind of person that gets what she wants, so I was convinced that Jack was a girl. So much so, that when we went in for the ultrasound and found out Jack was a boy, I was a little disappointed since I had been sure he was a girl all that time. It took a little while for me to get over my "shock", but at least it happened before he got here.
I know that my situtation is nothing like yours...but don't forget how amazing you are!

Catherine Hess said...

Congrats! I am excited for you to have another boy. Remember, girls get so emotional and hard to understand when they are teenagers. Plus they want all your money so they can buy stuff. When boys get upset, they just punch something and then they are over it. :) I personally would much rather have boys than girls, even though it might be harder to keep them from breaking bones and getting messy. Good luck!