We have the Relief Society Birthday Celebration enrichment tomorrow so I volunteered to make the cake for it. It was so much fun, although very stressful and lots of work, but lots of fun. It was fun because I had no set instructions or requests. I got to just go with something that I wanted to try. I'm sure they are expecting your typical sheet cake, so it will be fun to surprise them. My original idea for this cake was not very similar except for the stacked square cakes. But when I found the daisys it gave me a fun idea. I think this cake shows my personality better than any other I've been able to make and I love how it turned out. I am making 2 cakes next week. None as fun as this, but I am going to get a little more creative now that I kinda know a little more about using the frostings to my advantage and am getting a little less intimidated by it all.
My Wilton Level 1 class starts on Tuesday. Level 1 might not be that fun, but since I've never had any lessons I'm sure there will still be a lot to learn, and you have to take it before you take any others. I plan to take all the classes that I can find. I really want to be good at this. I've finally found a hobby that is so much fun and gives me a way to express myself, and work with my hands. I didn't really think I would be very good at it so it has really been fun to discover a hidden talent. I guess you never really know what you can do until you try.
One day I want to be one of those people competing on the Food Network. Give me 10-15 years.
Funny thing...well not really funny, sad actually, but the timing is funny...
Last time I had a cake to make for someone KC got an ear infection the night before I needed to finish the cake. Well maybe he senses that he doesn't have all my attention and hes trying to think of creative ways to get it. Today my mom took me to the craft store to get some cake stuff. We got done and had only been ion the car a few minutes when KC started to choke on something. Freaking out, well my Mom more than me actually, Mom reached back and tried to help him while I tried to get to a place to pull over. Out of his mouth she pulled a small silk flower. Hoe he got a hold of it Ill never know. We thought we were so careful to make sure he didn't get a hold of anything in the car. the only thing I can think is that maybe it was in the shopping cart and we didn't see it. Anyways... We pulled over and got him out of his chair and he was so upset. Gagging and coughing and all that. Poor little guy. He finally fell asleep in his Grandma arms and rode home snuggled up with her. (I know, I'm a terrible Mother because we didn't put him back in his seat. But you don't know how upset he was. It was really really sad. Plus we were scared he would start choking again the second we got him back in the chair and started to drive)
We got home and e had a bottle and cried and cried. Actually managed to sleep for a few minutes, but then just woke up and cried some more. You have to understand that KC is my mellow baby. Always happy and never has really cried much. So I called the DR. and in we went. All for them to say give him Tylenol in case he scratched his throat and call back tomorrow if he's having any trouble. but at least he cried a lot while we were there, I hate when you rush them in and then they act like they couldn't be happier.
Soon as we got home he was happy as could be and has been the rest of the night. Silly guy, but I'm glad he's okay. I hate when kids choke.
So hopefully next week when I am doing 2 cakes he will cooperate and stay healthy. And no one will have to go to the Dr.
2 comments:
Wow - that's sounds like an adventure! Glad he's doing better. The cake looks really fun. Your ward will be so excited! I know what you mean about finding a hobby that you really enjoy! Keep at it!
That's the kind of adventure you can do without! Very nice cake! We never have any cute cakes like that at our RS things!
Post a Comment