








I have the cutest little nephew named Max and this Saturday is his 3rd birthday. He lives in Kansas City but we are going to meet up in Denver this weekend and will get to celebrate his birthday. He has these stuffed fish that he likes to sleep with and are like his little security toys. He had one but they got him more, you know the idea that if you have more than one then you can have one to hold and one to wash. ( We cut Parker's blankie in half for that reason.) But Max likes to have all 3. They are the Momma fish, the Daddy fish, and the baby fish. So I decided it would be fun to make a fishy cake for his birthday. I used a sponge cake recipe that was a lot easier to cut and use to make shapes. It was really fun to make and I really hope that it makes it to Denver okay. Just in case it doesn't I took lots of pictures.
7 comments:
Oh Kari!!
She's so cute. I'm crying right now. Sooooo adorable!
Thanks so much. If she makes it to Denver in one piece Max will be sooooo excited. I'm going to show him the pictures here in a minute anyway.
so adorable!!
Ginna
Another really cute one. Good luck on getting it to Denver. Have a good trip. GG
Fantastic Kari, they're wonderful! Maybe you should be a Cuisine-artist! hahah (Ok it wasn't funny, I know) :)
Very creative! Have a fun trip!
How fun! That's really special. And it looks like a lot of work with all of those stars!
Those cakes look great! Have a good trip! FYI - I tried the strawberry Kool-aid and the frosting smelled like bubble gum - maybe for a little girls cake....
Dear Kari,
Thanks for checking out my blog, and it feels great to know that my cake can give a pro like you an idea. I'm happy. You make great cakes... :)
Post a Comment