Friday, February 2, 2007

Carrot Cake?

So I decided I better expand on the type of cakes that I know how to make so that I can make some that actually taste good and aren't straight from a box. I found really easy carrot cake recipe in a book. Its baking right now so we'll see how it turns out. I hear my Grandma has a super good recipe so I'll have to get that one and try it next time. Aaron went to the library the other day and I asked him to pick up a few decorating book for me but I think he pretty much got all of them. So sorry for anyone else looking for some at the Orem library, they're at my house. There are some great ideas in them and it will be fun to try some. I just need more people to help eat the cakes when they are done. I am finding that all this cake doesn't really help the baby weight come off. In fact today Parker came up to me and tickled my tummy and said "chubby chubby". Nice huh. Gotta love 3 year olds. They are so brutally honest. Guess it's time to break out that elliptical machine Aaron got me last year. By the way, does anyone know any good filling recipes? I don't really like just using frosting. It's okay, but I love when a cake has a really yummy creamy filling. And who wants cake if it just looks cool but taste like crap? When we got married we paid a bunch for a fancy cake, and it was alright, but the sheet cake we had at our open house in Idaho was tons better. So I want to try to make the cakes taste as good as they look. And for now I think they will probably taste better than they look, but we'll work on that. Anyway that's all of my rambling today, I let you know how the carrot cake is later.

3 comments:

Becky said...

I love carrot cake - but it's a good thing I'm not there to taste it becuase I don't need anybody else saying "chubby, chubby" to me! :) Kids are honest to a fault!

CoryAnn said...

Okay so I know of a couple good ways to do filling one is to take pudding mix and use cream instead of milk and it makes a good filling. Or you can go to the bakery department in any grocery store and buy some of their filling. I personally get mine at a place called Cash and Carry they sell a bunch of different kinds that are really good. I have made white and chocolate cake from scratch for weddings and let me tell you mixes are aa heck of alot easier except when it comes to carrot cake you got to make that from scratch because the mixes aren't very good. Also check out Marthastewart.com for some good wedding cake recipes and some filling ones too. Hope that helps

Shersy said...

Carrot cake! I like to have that a couple of times a year....sometimes you just get in the mood! I enjoy seeing pics and hearing about your ideas! Keep them coming!