Sunday, June 24, 2007

Chicken something


So I can't think of a good name for it, but I actually made up a recipe! And it was really really good.

I've been trying to think of good things to eat since I started dieting last week. After looking at the pics from our washington vacation-which I got back but have been to lazt to post- I decided that I have got to try to develop some kind of inner motivation and lose some weight. I was really disgusted at how I looked and so far the diet is going really good. So anyways, here the recipe:

A Few Chicken Breast-cut into pieces

Tablespoon of olive oil

2-3 cloves of garlic minced (I think its called a clove, 2-3 pieces from the garlic when you take it apart ;))

2 c. chopped fresh spinach

1 tomato diced

1 shallot minced

lemon juice

salt and pepper

sprinkle of parmesean cheese

I have to admit I haven't really measured anything, but I think this is about how much I've used. Next time I'm adding mushrooms since I think that would be extra delicious ;)

Heat the oil and add everything but the spinach and cheese. Cook until the chicken is almost done then add the spinach and cheese. This is really good just as it is or in wrap with some rice.

Let me know what you think and if you have any other good tips for healty eating. Anyone know a good sugar free syrup? Liz? Any pointers?

4 comments:

Ginna said...

Sounds DELICIOUS!!
I love the South Beach diet Quick and Easy Cookbook. It has a lot of really healthly stuff that only takes like 10 or 20 minutes usually to get ready. We ate stuff from it almost every day last year until we got lazy. Check it out and see what you think!

Liz said...

Mmmmm...this looks good. Wanna cook for our family, too, Kari? :) Way to go, making up your own recipes...very innovative, too...good use of healthy ingredients. I give you a...10! :)

Regan said...

This does look good - we'll definitely try it! Syrup is a really tough one. I don't know if you'll find one without sugar at all. The more natural ones are better (no high fructose corn syrup) but the Mrs. Butterworth types taste better! I just bought the Hungry Jack light kind and it's okay. We have trouble with barbecue sauce. We are trying to avoid corn syrup and partially hydrogenated oils, as well as white flours and sugars when we can. Crackers are also tough! I've got a great healthy recipe that I got from the Pampered Chef's healthy cookbook (which is GREAT) - I'll post it on the family site.

Ola said...

Good luck with the diet... I know it's super hard but so worth it in a long run...
If it helps it's really good to hit the gym and work out 3-4 times a week to turn fat into muscles... I still have some pounds to lose but with gym working out (and a little bit of dieting) I was able to lose 30lbs...
So ggod luck and keep us posted with your successes!

And the chicken looks really good so when I'm down in H Town, I'll make it! :)