


Along with his new found energy for causing trouble KC has discovered that Parker sleeps in his room too!! What do you know, they've shared a room for almost a year and it's never been a problem before. but now if KC is not sound asleep, or Parker. Then KC pops right up in his bed and just laughs and laughs at Parker. Last night they played for nearly 4 hrs after we put them to bed. Now besides the fact that they aren't getting enough sleep and tend to be a little cranky in the morning because if it, and the endless pleas for them to go to sleep are getting really old and tiring, I don't think this would bother me too much since they are enjoying each others company. But Parker has taken to hanging onto the side of the crib and bouncing it until it is about 2 feet away from the wall and he can run around it, all while filling it with anything and everything he can find in the room. I'm just waiting for the night when the whole thing topples over on top of him KC and all. Not to mention the worry of KC being smothered by all the blankets and stuffed animals piled on top of him. So against the opinion of my father who thinks the problems with the world now it that no one shares a room anymore, KC is moving out of the room and getting is own bedroom. We have an extra room that was our office until Dad gave us a laptop. Now it's just an empty room where we put things when we are in a hurry to clean the house and don't want to put things away :). Hopefully now everyone will be able to get some sleep, and yes, there won't be quite as much fun occurring at bedtime, but there will also be a few less spankings and angry mommies and daddies. So I'm excited for the change.
5 comments:
Good call. There are worse things wrong with the world than 1 yr olds and 3 yr olds not sharing rooms. You can move them back together in a year or so. Maybe. Maybe never. :) It's great that they're having so much fun together though. I know Max would love to have somebody to play with like Parker has KC......
Cute pictures and fun stories! Ah, the fun of toddlers! And bedtime!
He's so cute! I love the pictures on the dishwasher. Soren always loves to drive his cars on the dishwasher when I have it open. Sorry about the sleep drama. Sleep issues are serious in our household because we're all cranky without good sleep. I'm glad you've figured out an acceptable way to remedy the problem! They'll be able to share a bedroom again some day. :)
He's so adorable! It is scary the trouble they can get themselves into sometimes. I'd probably be all paranoid that he'd drown himself in the toilet or something and run out and get locks. But Bridget's really good about closing it and hopefully we won't have that problem! Good luck on the room switch. Now you'll get to decorate two rooms!
WE just finally finished all the switching around and cleaning that goes with it. SO far 20min into bedtime and everyone is asleep!!! No crying, getting out of bed, or anything. I'm so happy!
Post a Comment