Saturday, June 9, 2007

Wedding cake pics






Okay here is the wedding cake I made. It wasn't for a real wedding, just practice, but I love it! The flowers make all the difference. I decorated the front and back differently so I could have pictures of 2 different looks. The top tier is real cake, lemon with a raspberry cream filling. The other tiers are dummies. It didn't really take very long at all, only about 5hrs total from start to finish. Boy is it hard to smooth buttercream so it looks really nice. Expecially with the new crisco that is out, with 0 trans fat. I get that is healthier and all, but it really really makes my icing harder to work with. Oh well, I'll just have to learn to deal with it or start buying the really expensive stuff.

12 comments:

Liz said...

Wow, Kari! This is an awesome cake! I'm very impressed. I love that you say it took you "only" 5 hours to make it. I think by hour 2, I'd be tearing my hair out. :) You have a gift. I hope you start feeling better soon!

Anonymous said...

Luckily only the last few hours are the "tear you hair out" part. The rest is just baking and leveling, filling and icing. Time consuming, but fairly easy.

Regan said...

That is so beautiful!

GrannySharon said...

I read your posts often, but I don't comment much. I do have to say, though, that I used to work with Shepherd's Cake & Candy (that was when Mom Elaine and Annie & Sarah all worked together) while we lived in Provo and got to be good friends...anyway, your wedding cake is just as good - if not better - than some of theirs!! You are really talented!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Sharon. Wow that means a lot. I go there all the time and they have some incredible cakes displayed.

Sarah said...

That is a great cake! You seriously have a great talent and especially to be able to do it while being a mom to busy boys and a wife! Awesome! Way to go!

Joan said...

Another GREAT one Kari :)

Becky said...

Beautiful cake!

Shersy said...

That cake looks really great! I'm recording some Ace of Cakes for Cory - she's never seen the show! Glad this gives you something enjoyable!

Anonymous said...

Kari, I already told you today, but that cake looks awesome!! I can't wait to see your next cake. You are so good at this!

CoryAnn said...

Your cake rocks let me tell you those fake layers make it alot easier to do

Ola said...

I love it... It looks amazing! Good job, Kari! :)