Wednesday, June 6, 2007

hunting cake



Here's the June cake for Aaron's office. It's for his boss Vic. He's a hunter, and we out the Y on the mountain just for fun since he graduated from BYU. My reverse shell border is getting better. When I first tried to do it I could not figure it out. I don't know why, it's not that hard, but it seemed impossible.

Today I booked another wedding cake. That makes 2 for July. This one is part gluten free. I'm also charging a better price on it. The first one in July I am totaly losing money on. But oh well. I'm learning as I go how to do pricing. It's hard because every cake is so different. But I think I need to set some prices for basic party cakes, like sheet cakes, and keep them the same always. I feel bad, since I started doing the cakes for Aarons office I think it's been a different price every month. But it's hard to know how much it will really cost and how much time will go into it. I am getting faster though. My new program works well for all this, it's just time consuming to get all the recipies and such in there.

Well thats all today. I have a really yucky cold and so Aaron is going to go to the store and get me some more Nyquil. Thanks honey, I love you.

Oh ya, in case you aren't in Aarons fam, my sis-in-law Julie had her babies!! Charlee and Gaven. They are so cute!! Now they have 5 kids! 5 and under. wow, good luck Julie!. I can't imagine how hard that would be, but they are adorable and I'm excited for them. I'll try to put a pic on. Hopefully I get better fast so I can go and hold them.

It worked! See how cute they are!! I wish my little guy was that small, they get big way too fast. I can't believe in only a month KC will be 1!. Well, goodnight.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That cake is cute! I like the mountain with the Y! I am excited for Kai's Superman cake next month!! You are doing such a good job! Let me know if you want me to do some pics of a wedding cake for you to put on your website!

Anonymous said...

I forgot to say how adorable those twins are! So precious!!

Sarah said...

You could price depending how much detail you put into them couldn't you? Cute cake! Jadyn runs to the computer if she sees a new cake on to see how it looks. She's a fan too!

Joan said...

Kari-- you are doing a GREAT job with your cakes...Grandpa will like the Y on the mountain....