Well turns out I have more than a yucky cold. I went to the Dr. yesterday because I woke up feeling really really lowsy. I have a sinus infection and the start of bronchitis. So a few copays later and 3 prescriptions and hopefully things will get better. I already feel much better today than I did yesterday. So to enjoy my sick time I have been vegging with the kids watching tv and making gumpaste pearls. Hundreds of them. I need them for a wedding cake in July so thought I'd better get started. They are a lot simpler to make than I expected so I think I've made about 400 so far. But I need a lot of different sizes, and they cost a ton to order premade, so I have a few more days work to go. But they are turning out great. They are going to look really cool. I'm making a practice wedding cake this weekend so I can try some out and see how they look.
So since I haven't been up to anything more than rolling little balls of fondant we went to dinner tonight. We found a pizza buffet place that we had a coupon for. So for all 4 of us to eat dinner it was only 6$! It wasn't all that good, but for 6$ I can't complain. There was even kareoke(sp?). Then we stopped by the park so the kids could play for a min. Now Aaron is off picking up a vacuum from freecycle for a guy that he home teaches that lost his to his evil exwife in a divorce. So I'm glad we could find one for him. I hope it works okay for him.
KC's new word this week is Owwee. Anytime he hits you in the face or bits or falls down or really anytime he feels like making noise I guess, we hear owwee with a cute little concerned look on his face. It's so fun to see him learning new things and how he interprets them. So tomorrow I'll try to post some pics of the cake I am making. I think it will be cool, I hope. Till then have a good night!
3 comments:
Good luck getting better! I remember, before I had kids, that I was so worried about having kids because I could never be sick again! It can be hard but hopefully it will work out for you. Good luck with the cake too!
Sorry you're so sick! Glad that you have meds now, though. Sounds like a busy time making those pearls!
I know what you mean about all the copays and prescriptions! We've had Tess at the doctor three times in the last couple of weeks - it adds up! I enjoy your tips and tales of moneysaving ideas!
Post a Comment