Sunday, June 3, 2007

The dentist chair



Okay, if you look at this don't tell Kris about it. (my bro). It's a surprise for tomorrow. He's coming to town with his fam for 2 weeks to do an intership at the UofU. We are having a party/dinner tomorrow with our family and his in-laws and my sis-in-law asked me to make a cake for it. Its a guy in a dentist chair, with awful teeth. Everything but the top half of the chair back that is upright is cake. That part is styrofoam covered in fondant. The eyes are a little freaky, not sure what to do about that, I tried making eyelids but that didn't help much. It took most the day, but I really like how it turned out.

4 comments:

Becky said...

Cute! You really tackle interesting subjects! Good job!

Sarah said...

I think it's cute! It shows how I feel about dentists!

Liz said...

That's what my eyes look like when I go to the dentist! I hate dentists! :) No offense to your brother. :) Awesome cake, Kari.

jules said...

What a fun cake!! Jake would get a kick out of it! Although he would probably start talking about what needs to be fixed with the teeth:)