So I finally figured out how to change my background. I don't know why I had such a hard time with it, but I'm glad its done now, although I'll probably change it again and again :) I did notice when updating my links that Becky has the same background. Sorry Becky, didn't mean to copy you, although I think yours is much cuter.
Anyways
I was going through blogs last night linking from one to another and came across a bunch of people from our old college ward. It was so fun to see what everyone is up to and see new pics of their kids! I love getting in touch with old friends so it was really cool. It really is amazing the technology we have and how we can all stay in touch so well and so easily. I'm not very good at commenting a lot on everyone's blogs, but I do read most of them pretty often and love all the pictures and cute stories. Thanks for updating so often everyone!! Aarons family has a big reunion coming up for Thanksgiving this year and it is going to be so much fun now that I feel like I know his extended family so much better through everyone's blogs. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone and having lots of fun!!
Not much new is going on here. We did go out thursday night and had a lot of fun. We saw the movie No Reservations and it was really good. And a friend of ours was the waiter at the restaurant so he gave us a really good deal there too :) It was a fun night. Over the weekend we just hung out and enjoyed not having much going on. WE did make it down to Springville to check out a few more houses. After that the sadness of not being able to get the other finally started. Its just sooo much nicer than everything else we are finding. I'm trying to remember that if we are patient hopefully we will find something else just as nice. But it sure is hard when most the ones you go see are 60+yrs old and falling apart. I guess this is a good test for my patience huh. At least we are in a good living situation right now. We have the best neighbors ever who I absolutely love and will miss a ton when we finally do move. And we're comfortable and have enough room for all of us, and a great yard for the kiddos. So, we have a good thing going and I guess there should be no rush to leave it :) Anyway, today I'm babysitting for a neighbor down the street. The one that the mom is sick. The latest update there is that she does have cancerous brain tumors. She had her baby and then went right into the hospital for about a month and they started treatment. The tumors have taken over about half her brain already so they can't operate and remove them. But I have seen her strength slowly coming back over the last few weeks that she has been home and am so impressed with the strength that she has and the good attitude she has too. Her son Benny is about a year older than Parker and they have so much fun together. They play better than any of Parkers other friends so its fun to have him over. And today he is starting preschool at Parkers school so we will be giving him a ride everyday. I think they will enjoy getting to be together then. So I'm off to get KC off the kitchen table, again, and maybe finally take a shower :)
7 comments:
I think blogs are so cool, and like you're saying I really feel like I'm closer to some friends and family because of these blogs than I have been for a really long time. I wish everybody would've been doing this for the last three years--I wouldn't have felt quite so far away.
Good luck in the house hunt. It's definitely frustrating. But it does sound like where you are is nice too, so enjoy it! Having great neighbors really makes a big difference.
Later!
you look great! we are living in sandy right now, but still make the trip up to play sometimes! we should all get together!ok, tell me how you changed the background! i have been trying to figure it out!
-chelz
Oh, I just love blogs and blogging! I can't believe there was this whole Internet world out there that I wasn't tapping into! :) Now I can't imagine life without blogs. I wouldn't know what everyone was up to. :) Okay, that sounded a bit obsessive and freaky. j/k!
Anyway, don't worry about the house hunting. It's like you said, you just have to be patient. God obviously wants you guys somewhere else. I know what you mean about how frustrating it is to have to wait, though. I think we'll probably be waiting for a long time! At least the market is going down in leaps and bounds here. That's a plus side. :)
I'm sorry about your friend. I hope the chemo/treatment works. That's good that Parker gets to have his good friend around.
I just downloaded that background a few days ago, but decided to go with something a little more obviously "Fall." :) I really like your new blog patterns/layout/whatever the heck you would call it. :) Whatever it is...it's cute! :)
Okay, while the background was semi-easy for me to learn how to do, I can't for the life of me figure out how you make these really cute headers with pictures in them. Can you help me out there?
I'm happy to 'share' our backgrounds! It's a pretty paper. I like your blog template - it's got a wider writing area than mine. Which one is it?
Looking forward to Thanksgiving!
"maybe finally take a shower." That's the theme of my whole life!!
You know, you young folklets really have some bang-up luxuries to your lives (besides cute baby furniture - which we didn't have EVER) - like this blogging. The only way we had of keeping in touch was snail mail, and really Christmas Cards. This is so great. And I'm so glad you let me read this stuff!!
K
Post a Comment