Saturday, November 24, 2007

Thanksgiving

We had so much fun this year celebrating Thanksgiving with Aarons family. They had a reunion in Toole and almost everyone was able to come. It was also to celebrate Aarons grandparents 60th wedding anniversary. This first picture is of Grandma Joan and Grandpa Gene with all their great grandkids, (minus only 3).


Grandma and Grandpa eloped so they never got to have a wedding cake. I made an anniversary cake for them with everyones names on it, placed on the tiers in generations. It was so cute to watch them cut the cake and serve eachother the first bite. Thanks for letting me be part of such a special occasion. :)

Here is baby Charlie, shes one of Jacob and Julies cute little twins. They are getting so big already!

Aaron and his sister Sheridan, probably talking family history ;)

Check out this sweet bouncy castle! The kids had sooo much fun with it, and even us big kids got to have a turn. It was a great idea and really helped keep the little ones from driving us crazy.
Parker and cousin Noah "playing" a racing video game. They had a few different games centers set up. It was a big hit, Parker and Noah were so funny playing. I don't think the game was really even going for them, but they kept pushing those buttons. They had a lot of fun with it. Look at those looks of concentration :).


The set up. It was really nice. They even had a time line set up around the room of Grandma and Grandpas lives together, It was really cool to be able learn so much about them and their family.

4 comments:

Liz said...

That's awesome! So many great ideas like a bounce house to keep the kids busy, video games also, and I especially like the timeline! How nice of you to make them the cake that they never got. I'm sure they'll always remember that and appreciate it. I'm glad you had such a happy Thanksgiving!

GrannySharon said...

Thanks for posting so quickly! Your cake was so beautiful - honestly, you are so good!! I had no idea that they had never had a cake, so that was a special moment and we thank you for that! Thanks for coming. It was so great to have so many of us there. Now we will look forward to the "housewarming". Keep us informed, please!

Ginna said...

Sounds like a ton of fun, and the cake looked beautiful! So nice to be able to get together with the entire family once in a while!
We missed youguys on thanksgiving, but we're glad you had fun :)

Anonymous said...

Wow! I've never been to a Thanksgiving that looked so fun! What a great idea to keep the little ones busy! I'll have to remember that in the future. Your cake looks good too as always! : )