My birthday was yesterday and it was so much fun!!!
I had a wedding cake to do yesterday so I did that most the morning, that wasn't so fun, but I like cake so it was okay.
The sad part is when I delivered it the bride told me that the groom had skipped out a few days ago and they didn't even get married. But I guess they were gonna party anyway since they didn't cancel the cake and they were at the reception center. I felt really bad for her. But I guess you run into that sort of thing when working in the wedding industry.
After that since we had to go north we stoped at our old house to play with my good friend Camille and her kids. It was so fun to visit with her and for Parker to play. We miss them so much, they were the best neighbors ever and I'm so glad we got to become such good friends. They are moving next weekend to Wyoming for work so we'll miss them even more than :(
When we were done playing we headed home to meet up with Aaron. He bought be a ymmu cake from Baskin Robbins :)! Cake that I don't have to make is awesome. At least when it comes to my birthday cake. We didn't get a chance to eat any of it last night since right after we got home the baby sitter showed up and we were out the door again, but I'm looking forward to some of it today.
We went to my FAVORITE restaurant ever. Tucanos. Its a Brazilian grill and I always eat way to much, but its SOOOO good. Evelyn and Jeremy came with us and that made it even better. And Evelyn gave me the cutest pocket calender that matches my website and a cool magazine with lots of yummy chocolate recipes in it. yummmmm.
After stuffing ourselves sick(its all you can eat), we headed to a late movie. Well 9:30, but now days that's late for us. Lame I know. We saw Get Smart and it was the best movie ever! So so funny, you should all go see it for sure. We got home just before midnight and fell right to sleep. Morning today came a little to son, but it was worth it fr such a fun night.
Thanks everyone for the fun birthday wishes and for making it a great day!
6 comments:
Happy Birthday, Kari!!! So sad about that ditched bride. I can't believe someone could be so cowardly as to just skip out without a word. I guess it's better to find out before you're married than after, right?
Sounds like you had a great birthday despite the rush. I'll have to check out that movie. Enjoy your cake you didn't make! :)
wow, that sounds like a nice b-day. especially the baby sitting and going out part, how FUN!
And I bet it's nice to have a cake once in a while that you don't make. You certainly deserve it! :)
Kari, I'm sorry I missed wishing you happy birthday! I've been off the web pretty much this week. But HAPPY BIRTHDAY a little late!!! Glad to hear that you had a good day!
Hi Kari. Happy Birthday! Your cakes are gorgeous! That's quite the talent you've got.
Glad to hear that the birthday was great! I wish I was there to go out to that restaraunt - sounds tasty! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
Tucano's...Spencer's fav restaurant, too! Is there one by you? We go to the Gateway...we all love it and love to watch/listen to Spence speaking Portugese!! Glad you had a fun birthday!!
Post a Comment