This week has been fabulous! I have a few cakes that I'm working on which usually means lots of stress, but not this time :)
I hired a babysitter! She is fabulous! She's coming everyday this week and spending half the day with the kids while I work and the kids LOVE her.
She brings puppets and sidewalk chalk, music makers, and tinker toys, which Parker thinks are way better than ours lol. The kids have really had a good time with her. She's babysat for us a few times before and its been so nice to get a break.
I thought it would be a little awkward to have her here and still be here myself, but it hasn't been at all, we get a long great and the kids listen to her really well. And I love that I can get done what I need to and still have the kids home, but not bored and neglected. I hate trying to get friends and neighbors to watch my kids, I always feel like I'm imposing, plus its hard to have to find time to return the favor, so to just pay someone that don't feel bad asking is great.
I also found some great new tools and techniques for some of the things I'm doing this week with my cakes. Stay tuned for pictures. They should turn out really cool. I've worried about taking on too many cakes since it makes it hard for me to manage all my time, but now that I found a sitter I might do more. I can hire a part time nanny on cake weeks and feel like I have time to do both cakes and be a mom. I wish I'd tried this sooner. It is a little strange to be here but not have to worry about the kids, kinda like I'm not sure what to do with myself, but I think I could get used to it :)
Anyway, the fence got finished and now the kids can play outside and not escape :)! Whoohoo! Its nice to have a little more privacy too.
Other than that not much is happening, just baking and playing :)
5 comments:
lucky aaron, going to cake camp! haha. everything is looking really good.
kelly
Hi Kari! Sounds like you're having a blast down in SF. Your cakes all look beautifully delicious! By the way: I tagged you! You're it!
That is so cool about the sitter! I think all mom's know that stress and the toss-up with the time, how to handle it all. Way to go, you seem to have found a balance!
Hooray for the fence! We love our fence. :) Okay, we love our fenced-in backyard. It's nice when they can't escape.
I'm excited to see the new techniques. Your cakes are always exciting. I like the babysitter idea, too. I think Evelyn is also doing something like that in order to be able to edit pictures. Sounds wonderful! :)
Oh, yay!! I am so excited for you to have found a system that could really work for you, that is such a great feeling! I can't wait until we can find a competent babysitter - oh...actually, I can't wait to have money to hire a babysitter (so that I can escape that feeling you talked about of imposing on friends and family). And congratulations on getting the fence done!
Post a Comment