Monday, March 12, 2007

ARGH!

so I just typed in a huge long post and then hit some button and managed to erase it all and can't figure out how to get it back, oh well. Here it goes again.

Big news!! KC is crawling!! It's slow going but he is definitely moving forward now and sooo happy about it. It's a little stressful for me as I am realizing just how un baby proof we have become since Parker has gotten older, but as least KC isn't flailing around on the floor anymore trying to move forward and usually just going backwards. I can't believe how fast he is growing. Today he even got to have some pancakes for breakfast with the rest of us. He loves being able to eat food with his hands. He tries to put it all in his mouth at once and looks like a chipmunk.

Aaron is at his 2nd infusion right now and hopefully it goes well for him. They pump him full of benedryl before hand so the medicine doesn't hurt as it goes in through the IV so he'll get a good nap. He told me that he hasn't felt this good since before he was ever diagnosed. I am so happy for him!! The only bad thing is that he asked his DR. last week how long they think he needs to be on it and they said forever. I guess it is really bad to go off and then go on again later, it has a harder time working or something. So that's crappy, but we'll keep praying it keeps working and that he can not have the bad side effects like cancer, tuberculosis, etc, and be healthy. It's scary, but I am so glad he has found some relief from all the pain and discomfort he has had.

Well this week was supposed to be my slow week. Just take it easy and enjoy not having to much to do. Well so much for that. Why can't I just relax, why do I need stress in order to feel motivated enough to get anything done? I guess if I took my ADHD meds it would probably help that, but then I actually have to remember to take them and then actually do it. That's the hard part. I almost always remember, but for some reason I just don't ever take the next step and actually do it. I think I do that with a lot of things. I'm trying to work on that.
But I did a little advertising and now have 2 cakes I'm doing this week and it's looking like possibly a wedding cake in April. the wedding cake is just going to be really simple so I'm not to worried about that. but any tips would be helpful. Cory this means you. Please send some expertise my way! Or maybe just send yourself, that would help even more :). The cakes I am doing this week are one for a couple that has been married for a while but they are getting sealed and having a dinner with some family, and the other is for and anniversary/ birthday/ graduation party. That should be interesting. But they both want me just to be creative and do what I want with the cakes, so that is fun.
I also have my class, a appt. with the psychologist for Parker, a financial workshop Aaron and I are taking, and playgroup at our house ion Saturday. Not to mention these 2 kids I might try to take care of. One of these days I really will make sure I have a slow week.

My favorite find this past month has been freecycle. If any one out there isn't using it you should be. Unless of course you are morally opposed to using other peoples old things. Which I am defiantly not. So far I have acquired
2 bags of little boy cloths just perfect for KC
baby socks
7 jars unopened baby food
lot of Styrofoam, why would i need this? to make cake dummies of course, they are way to expensive to buy
And as of today a new/old fridge. My cake antics are over running ours right now so another one was badly needed. And I posted I was looking for one, and within minutes someone offered their to me. So excited. Hopefully it will work for awhile. And then we can actually have real food too and not just cake.


And this is what I am the most excited about. To some of you this may not be that exciting but I can hardly contain myself. On KSL classifieds I found an add for tons of cake decorating stuff for almost nothing. Well 200$, but considering what it is worth it is almost nothing. It has tons of things for making wedding cakes. Cake plates, pillars, a fountain, books, a video, every tip you could imagine, and tons of other stuff. I figured it out if I bought it all separately and its probably worth around 600-700$. So my dear sweet husband said that if I promise to use it we can get it. I called they guy and he still has it for sale and said I can get it. He has to find it in storage since he's in the middle of a move, and then I have to drive to Ogden to pick it up, but I can't wait. I have a lot of pans and tips that my Grandma gave me, but this is a lot of other stuff I don't have and would be great to use. I also found some really cute cake boxes I want to get. They are pink! I love it. But you have to order them by the case. So that will need to wait a little while.

3 comments:

Shersy said...

So glad to hear that things are going well for Aaron! I'm glad you're keeping yourself busy too - that helps you manage the stress, I know. What a steal on that lot of cake decorating things! I promise to check out the freecycle - never have before ;) The feminine cake reminded me of a scrapbooking site where all the avatars are bras - I just don't remember the name of it....but it is out there somewhere! Love you so!

Regan said...

Wow! So much going on. I can hear the excitement in your words!

Joan said...

Things are really hopping around your house...Do get some rest before you start a new project. You are going to burn yourself out. So happy about Aaron doing better. Sounds like you have a great deal with all the cake things...Love to all