Parker has gotten a lot better though and for that I am very thankful. I guess there is a lot to be said for the terrible 2's. He has so much fun with KC. I love having 2 kids, I think how sad it must be for all the only children out there. All the fun they miss out on with siblings and the trials of learning to share, etc. Today Parker decided that he should get to feed the baby. So for lunch and dinner he stuffed KC full of whatever baby food he could find in the cupboard. Poor KC was getting so much food at once he could hardly swallow any of it. I don't think he was a very big fan of the new way of getting his food, but it sure was cute to see Parker so excited to take care of him. Parker also thinks he can pick KC up now to move him around. I am not liking this at all. KC doesn't seem to mind though and hasn't even so much as flinched the few times Parker has set him down rather hard. I think he loves the attention he gets from Parker, and Mommy making sure he's okay.
KC is into everything!! I forgot just how busy they are when they learn to crawl. He is getting really good at moving all over the house and finding any bit of anything left on the floor. Poor guy has been spending a lot of time in the play pen these days.
Well it seems there is so much more to write but not a whole lot to really say.
Today has been a rather slow day, mostly just relaxing at home after preschool and getting some much needed cleaning done. I did go to the grocery store to get some things to make dinners for my dinner co-op (we all make a bunch of meals then trade) and while I was there I talked to a girl I used to work with. She's 16 and has a 4m old baby. Shes looking for a babysitter and so I was offering, then she told me she needs someone to do it for free because she just got kicked out of her house and has no money. She's been staying with her boyfriend and just kinda passing the baby around to anyone who will tend him. I am tempted to babysit for her anyway, for free, just so that poor baby can have some stability. But I am really good at taking on more than I can really handle and then feeling upset about it, so for now I told her I can do it sometimes. I hope she calls. I know she has dropped out of school, so maybe I'll offer to do her day care for free on the condition that she gets back into school.
I feel so bad for kids that have to grow up in these kinds of families. And I am so grateful that I have a loving husband and we have a stable loving home for our children to grow up in. Even if we never have tons of money to give them lots of things, at least we can teach them good values and correct principles and help them have a foundation to build their lives on. I am grateful that my little girl has such a great family to grow up in and that her parents are teaching her all that she needs to know and that she isn't being bounced around between me and some scuzzy boyfriend. When I see these girls that are pregnant and planning to keep their babies with no real plan of how they are going to take care of them it makes me sad that they don't have, or don't choose to have, the knowledge that maybe they aren't supposed to raise that child and that they can love their baby by giving it a good home. I just realized as I finished typing this that maybe some of you reading this don't know all this about me, but I guess now you do. I had a little girl 5 years ago, just 8 m before I met Aaron. I placed her for adoption and it has been such an amazing experience for me and for her family. She is so beautiful and happy. This is an old picture of her but its the only one on my computer.
So anyways, thats all i really have to say today, sorry for the ramblings.. but I guess it's my blog so that waht you get :)
8 comments:
Kari thanks for sharing this with us, we always knew that there was something very special about you.
Its interesting how I remember thinking or saying the same thing as your Mom said, about having a child just like you. But Parker will surprise you as he gets older and settles down. Bruce was my one that was always so fussy about what cloths he wanted and he is still that way.Bruno when I read to him about Parker and his "moving" around he said "Not Parker!!!!"
Big loves to all GG & Bruno
Thanks, Kari, for sharing. I'm preparing my presentation for LDS Family Services to give to the wards in our Stake. As an birth mother and an adoptive mother and a grandmother I have experience in many areas, but it really helps to read your perspective as a birth mother who had to make the hard choice. Thanks so much!
Becky there is a new book by LDS out by deseret book that my adoption story is published in. The book is called For The Love of A Child, my story is called My Miracle, i think its on page 221. They use it in the high school adoption presentations down here in Orem.
There are a lot of good storys in there tht might be useful
:)
Thanks, Kari! I've ordered the book.
Wow, I am really learning so much about everybody through these blogs! Thanks for sharing your experience. Hopefully you'll be able to really help your friend. She is a cute little girl! And the dinner co-op sounds like a really cool idea!
What a post! You are such an awesome person - and we're so glad that you add so much to the family! Beautiful little girl...what a wonderful gift you've given her.
I'm glad Parker is getting better! We sure miss that guy - we'll have to update the "trio" pictures sometime...Have a great weekend!
You're a great example. Thanks for sharing with us. It's nice to get to know people better and know what they have been through.
I read this a while ago and have been thinking about you and all you have been through. It is amazing how strong you were and continue to be. Us old folks need to take a lesson from you...that could not have been easy on you or your family. I do have that book and I read your story - it is beautiful. Thanks for sharing it with us.I have many friends who have adopted over the years and we are all so grateful for unselfish young women and their desire to give their babies the best they can. Thanks for being open with us...it only makes us love you more!!
Post a Comment