I've decided that I am having lots of fun making cakes and I'd really love to find ways to advertise so that I can do more and learn as I go. I learn the best by doing it for other people because it pushes me to do the best I can. I think I might get some cake dummies too so I can practice different things and then not have to make so much cake, or at least not eat so much cake. :) So I made a new web page with blogger that I am using as a website of sorts. Check it out and let me know what I can do to improve it. Post your ideas on this blog since the other is just for advertising. I'm going to put a link to the new site on some online ad places like KSL.com classifieds and make some little business cards to send with the cakes that I do. I figure the best way to advertise is word of mouth so I want to make sure people know how to find me.
I know I still have a lot to learn, but I figure I don't charge that much so I can learn as I go.
The new blog is www.cakeventures.blogspot.com
I'll still put pics on here but more about my family and stuff like that.
What do you think?
3 comments:
Sounds like you're ready to take it up a notch! I think the increased advertising will boost interest and probably get you more business. I haven't heard of dummy cakes - that's a neat idea. One thing a friend mentioned that I just remembered - a cake made of rice-crispies. I know that sounds weired - but you can form it in different ways - then freeze it to hold the shape - and then decorate it. She said that one of her bro's - had a wedding cake made of that that all got eaten up - no cake leftovers! I thought it was an interesting idea....
I've never heard of doing that, sounds tasty though. I did a little advertising online for a free cake and have had tons of emails. People are offering to cover my expenses so it's nice. I don't make anything but it gives me lots of good practice.
Great idea! I've seen on TV where they'll use rice krispie treats for parts of cakes that are special shapes. You can mold them into anything!
Post a Comment