Tuesday, March 13, 2007

The silly things kids do





This morning as I was doing my hair Parker got out the vacuum attachment that makes such a good microphone and started wandering the house singing into it. When he decided he was finished he stopped and bowed. Then said "Thank you very much, I love you". It totally cracked me up. I love when they do things like this, it just makes me laugh.

A few days ago he got a hat and my sun glasses and wanted them on almost all day. He said he was a mail man. He even built a mailman fort(whatever that it), with the couch cushion. Our couch has days where it rarely has the cushion on at all. He loves to play with them. When he's done building he takes me on a little tour. He shows me the door, and the place where you sleep, and the part you jump off of onto the rest of the couch, etc. I'm glad we have an old couch so I don't mind so much if he plays with it. Making forts out of the furniture and blankets is one of my favorite childhood memories. I even remember a time when my dad helped us turn the couch upside down, I'm sure my mom loved that, and he crawled through it with us. I don't know how he fit, but it was tons of fun.

Here are some pics of my first try at doing a wedding cake. I used some of the dummies that I made. It was kinda rushed and I couldn't figure out for the life of me the border I wanted to do, but I think for my first try it's not half bad. What do you think?

8 comments:

Shersy said...

Very springy-looking cake. I really like the butterflies!

Becky said...

The cake looks really pretty! And I love the stories about the boys! Parker's picture is so cute!

jules said...

I love the things little kids come up with. They sure do have active imagination! Good job on the cake!

Regan said...

Cute kids, and the cake looks great! Are those the flowers KC was choking on? :)

Kari said...

No those are some real flowers I had. I wish it had been those though, at least those would have been softer on his little throat

Aaron said...

The things I miss while I am at work!!! Kari is such a wonderful and beautiful wife...what else did you want me to say honey? Oh, and your cakes are absolutely fabulous!

Sarah said...

Love the cake, just formal enough! Oh kids, what can you do?

Anonymous said...

Your doing great with your cakes. the white frosting really caught my eye.
I love the ideas these little ones can come up with. LY GG