Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Class

I start my class tonight. I'm excited and I hope that it's fun and that I learn some stuff, I'm sure I will. And for only 12$ even if it's mostly stuff I already know its okay.
This last weekend Aaron got me a really great bakers rack. I actually bought it, but since hes the one making the cash I figure he got it for me in a way. It's so nice to have all the cake stuff off the kitchen counter and have a place to store stuff. And my Grandma, who is one of the greatest ladies I know, came to visit on Saturday and brought me tons of decorating stuff. Tips, books, and pans and more! There is so much. I am so excited. If I'd had to buy it all it would have cost me so much money. Thanks Grandma!!!!
Now I just need my own separate refrigerator. :) Aaron complains that when I'm making a cake there is no room on the fridge for us to actually have food. But hey, if he wants to eat cake there should be some sacrifice right?

I'm making a cake for a lady Aaron works with. The guy who's birthday it is for really likes hunting, camping, snowmobiling, etc. So it has been really fun to work on. I made a bunch of trees and a little campfire. I made a guy in a sleeping bag and a little tent for him to. and all but the tent frame is edible. I also made a little snowmobile for it. I'm going to make a little camping scene on it and make lots of snow on it too. If it turns out the way I see it in my head it should be really cute. Things don't usually turn out quite the same way I envision them, but I think this one might actually be close.
On another note, to keep with tradition, KC woke up with a cold this morning. Coughing and sneezing, throwing up etc. And he keeps trying to rub his ear like it itches. Its really cute. He tilts his head and rubs his arm on his ear, it looks like he's trying to wave at you. But he's happy and not running a fever or anything so we'll see. Silly guy. And luckily, for me not Aaron, I had just left to go walking this morning when KC lost all his breakfast all over Aaron. Its only fair that I'm not the only one getting soaked with various bodily fluids right?
Funny for the day--- Last night at dinner it was Parker's turn to say the dinner prayer. He started with the usual thank you for the food, and for Mommy's food, and for Daddy's food over there, and KC's food way over4 there(pointing at everyones dinner as he went). Then he usually(when hes really wanting to pray all by himself) goes on about random things to be thankful for. Last night it was "Thank you for ours brains" It's so funny to hear the things they think about. But as silly as it seems it really is a good reminder of how to be grateful for all the little things that come our way. Kids are so fun, even if they drive me nuts half the time. I wouldn't have it any other way. :)

3 comments:

Regan said...

How fun to have such a great hobby. I enjoyed the stories about everyone!

Anonymous said...

That cake sounds wonderful. A camping scene set with trees and all. Are you going to put the tent and camp fire by a stream of water. I hope you put a picture in your blog when it is finished. Bruno

Becky said...

I just noticed your family picture! It's great.
The cake idea sound terrific. Good luck! KC sounds like he has a sixth sense about MaMa's 'other life'!