Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Cory's Twin

Hey Cory, I bet you didn't know that you have a twin out there! I went to my Wilton class last night and I swear the instructor is related to you. She could be your twin sister, not identical but very close. You personalities are very similar and even the tone of your voices. It was so weird. the class what a lot of fun. There are a lot of people in it, from those that can't figure out how to even bake the cake to begin with to people who have been decorating for years and come to take the class with their daughters. I'm really excited about it and hope that I get a chance to learn some stuff from these ladies that have been doing it for a long time.

I've decided that just having cake stuff on here is kinda boring. Maybe not for me but for anyone else who might read it. so I'm going to start putting more on ere from our everyday lives, although that may not be anymore exciting. But oh well. I've really enjoyed being able to read other peoples blogs. It's so fun to get to know everyone a little better, you just don't really get to do that when you only see each other for maybe an hour or 2 every year.
So here's our update. Aaron started his Remicade last week and is feeling so much better!!! He hasn't had any bad side effects other than some tiredness occasionally and so we are really excited about it. It has been so great to see him be happy and have energy. The kids are having lots of fun with him. I know hes benefiting a lot because he feels so much better, but I almost think I got the better end of the deal. He's so much more easy going and fun to be with. It's so nice to have him back. He goes in for his next treatment on Monday and hopefully it will go as well. Then he only has to go every 6-8 wks.
Parker is making me crazy getting into the pantry. Any ideas how to lock it? Its just those big doors that slide open and fold up. Every time I turn around he is climbing up in there. It drives me nuts because we live in a pretty old place and I don't think the shelves are very sturdy, I'm afraid one of these days it will all come crashing down with him in the middle of it all. And it's so hard to get him to eat at meals as it is, when he snacks all day he won't eat a thing for dinner. I almost don't want to ever buy him fruit snacks or things like that because he won't leave them alone. Poor kid. I feel like the snack nazi. He just wants treats and bread and I'm always trying to make him eat cheese and yogurt or other things. But have you seen that show on TLC "Honey we're killing the kids." I can't believe the way some people let their kids eat. It's so sad. Plus it's hard for me to try not to eat all the treats when we have a lot of them in the house. :) Maybe cake decorating isn't the best hobby for that.
Anyway I just think it is hard to eat healthy as it is as a grown up, I want it to be a little easier for my kids.

Well that's enough for now, but I'm finishing the camp cake today and I'll post a picture when it's done. I might try to get the office cake done too since I need it on Friday. It should be fine if it has to sit for one day. We'll see. And Bruno, I like the little stream idea, I just might have to do that. :)
I want to make a cake for Aaron next week just for fun. Any ideas of what to do or flavors to make. Sarah I wish you were closer I'd make you one for your birthday. Maybe you should come and visit your mom.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your family picture :) so glad that they have found something to help Aaron, and that he is feeling better. This treat deal is bad with us too. When the GREATS come they know right where they are. But whats a Greatgrandma to do ???? GG

Regan said...

You've seen on my blog how Bridget likes to get into our pantry, too! I've thought of locking it, but I'm trying harder to just teach her about trust and making good choices. Hard at this age. Brent decided a year or so ago that she should have her own drawer in the pantry and one in the fridge with healthy snacks that she can get to all by herself. I thought that would never work and she'd be into it all the time, but it has worked pretty well, for the most part. We keep lots of raisins, pretzels, goldfish, granola bars and other somewhat healthy snacks there for her. In the fridge she has grapes in little bags ready to eat, applesauce cups, yogurt, string cheese, etc. We have stopped buying fruit snacks altogether because we hate how they are just high fructose corn syrup! We prefer she just eats real fruit, like grapes or dried fruits. I did find some all-natural, organic fruit by the foot things at Costco yesterday and some organic cookies made from wheat flour and organic cane juice (not white sugar). I don't have a problem with buying things that are fun for kids (like GoGurt) if it gets them to eat something healthier! Anyway, this is getting super long, but I know it's a struggle and these are some things that are working for us!

Kari said...

Thanks for the ideas Regan! Parker would love to have his own little drawer. I think that is an excellent idea I'll have to give it a try.

Don't worry GG, you're allowed to spoil, after all that's what Grandma do best.