Tuesday, September 23, 2008

I love Fall

This is my very favorite time of year. I love the cool crisp air and the colors on the trees. I love being able to open all the windows during the day and get a nice cool breeze through the house. I love the pumpkins growing in my yard. I love wearing cozy sweaters and snuggling in a blanket.

Sunday we drove up Payson canyon and it was so beautiful, the colors of the leaves were amazing. My favorite was the peachy orange. I wish they could stay that way all year round.

I don't like that the sun is gone so early in the evening or that the kids come in the house after playing outside with red checks and noses. But at least I can put them in a warm bath and give them hot chocolate and who doesn't love that?

More than anything I love that the start of fall this year means that I am almost done with my first trimester of pregnancy and that soon I can't stop worrying so much over every ache and pain. And just maybe that means that soon there will be an end to feeling like I'm not going to be able to stay awake long enough for my kids to eat their lunch, or not being able to open the refrigerator without being overwhelmed by all the smells and so giving in again to eating toast just because it has no strong flavors and usually doesn't result in indigestion. Although oddly enough bagels do. Yesterday I was given a glimpse of what it was like to feel somewhat normal again, a tender mercy form the Lord I'm sure. While my boys were sick I felt better than I have in weeks, I got all the laundry done, my bathroom cleaned, and made enough potato soup to last for a month. And most importantly of all, while kids were throwing up and I was cleaning it up I didn't get nauseated by it one bit. Days like that are few and far between, but when they come they are so wonderful. I know that the sickness is a good sign that my body is doing what it is supposed to do right now, and for that I am grateful. And I am grateful that the Lords timing is so much better than my own so that I didn't feel like this over the beginning of summer when I had lots of cakes and things to do. And that now when I'm overheating I can open the window instead of having to turn on the air conditioning (which has not been very nice to our electric bill).

Anyway, I love the fall and most of all Halloween. I'm ready to get out all the decorations and make fun crafts with the kids. And I can't wait for the trick or treaters this year. This is the first year we're living in a regular neighborhood so I hope that means we'll get a lot. Parkers already trying to teach KC all about how they get to dress up and people will give them candy. Holidays are a million times better when you have your own little kids to watch enjoy them. Its a great excuse to have fun with them all over again.

Have a happy fall!!

6 comments:

Miranda W. said...

I love the fall too. It means I'm coming to the end of my pregnancy! Woo hoo! And I love halloween. Once that passes it seems Thanksgiving and Christmas come all too soon. I love the holidays! I can't wait for this years especially. We'll have a new little member of our family to be thankful for. This season is all too exciting!

CoryAnn said...

i love fall too and I do like halloween although I get a little crazy making costumes. Today was one of those perfect fall days and I love it. I am so excited for you and getting to the feel better part I am really excited to see what you are going to have can't wait to find out

Crystal said...

I couldn't agree with you more! I love fall! I bought Kaley and Bella their Halloween costumes yesterday. Kaley and I put the finishing touches on her costume! Yes, I know it was on Sept 23! :) We are slightly excited! I am glad you had a good feeling day! It is hard to feel sick when your kids are sick! I hope your kids feel better soon!

Kathy said...

Love the Fall background you have on your blog. Mine needs help desperately.

I love Fall too and the weather has been so beautiful. I don't like that it leads to winter but we won't talk about that yet will we.

So glad you are feeling a bit better. Yeah!

Brent, Bethany, and Brooke said...

Hi Kari! I'm so glad you commented on our blog. Great to hear from you and "see" you in blogosphere. Take Care!

K said...

Oh, Kari. I feel exactly the same way. You said it beautifully, and it brought back so many feelings for me. October is my favorite month, but this one has turned strange, and I'm afraid I'm missing it. Reading you helped.