Monday, September 22, 2008

The Joy of Motherhood

Today i was awoken at 5:00am by Parker, in my room, trying to hold back his vomit as he told me his tummy was hurting. I got him to RUN and he managed to make it to the bathroom. I got him a throw up bucket for his bed and a few towels and tucked him back in. An hour later he's back telling me that he still feels sick. Then an hour later he's hungry. We gave him some water and within minutes it was coming right back up. Then after asking Aaron not to feed him anything I went into their room to get KC some clean pants since those pull ups make for terrible overnight diapers and I found a nice puddle of vomit on KC's bed. Oh well, I guess you can't sign up to be a mother and only get to enjoy the hugs and kisses, you also get to clean up the puke and try to soothe upset tummies.

We thought that KC might have the chicken pox, but luckily the spots he was getting seem to be some other sort of rash. Turns out our neighbor friend that we tended last week has had roseola, and Parker's friend at school has had the flu. Looks like we get to enjoy a nice combination of the 2.

At least now the boys are down to my energy level and we can all lay on the couch together and relax. This is going to be a really great day.

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

I am SO sorry, but it might be nice to have a relaxing day. If your boys are anything like Jack, you might even get to enjoy some RARE cuddle time :P

Becky said...

Ahhhh... Hope everyone is better really FAST!

Ginna said...

oh yikes. Well it's a bad start to the day, but hopefully it ends better.
Now if only YOU can keep from puking, right?

Joan said...

YES!!!!! It is one of those things
Mothers get to go through. Hope all is well now...Big loves

Kathy said...

Hope the boys are feeling better tonight and they don't give it to you or me. Good Luck.