One extremely exhausted mommy.
What a day, or morning I should say. It was all over by noon. It started yesterday when we were visiting with some of Aaron's family over in Toole. We had a great time, thanks for having us! But while we were there Parker was playing fetch with the dog and hit his hand pretty hard on the wall when attempting to throw the doggy toy. He cried, his finger swelled, and he refused to use it the rest of the day. When we got home we debated going to the dr, and decided to wait and see how it was in the morning. This morning it was still a little swollen and Parker was intent on going to the dr. so we decided to go.
KC loves to play in the sink. He pulls our bottom drawer in the bathroom vanity out the few inches that it will go with the child locks, and climbs right up to the counter so he can turn on the water and make a mess. Today I decided to just go ahead and let him do it while I was getting ready. I went in the bedroom to get dressed and when I went back to the bathroom water was everywhere, and the once half full bottle of children ibuprofen on the counter was now open and EMPTY. Well, trying to ask a 2 year old if he drank a bottle of medicine doesn't always produce reliable answers, but since there was very little on the counter and none in the sink it was pretty easy to guess that yes was the answer. So in a panic I checked the bottle to see if the # for poison control was on it, no luck. And since I was freaking out and thus not really thinking, I didn't know where else to look for it. So I called the dr's office. (poison controls # will now be posted visibly in every room)
The dr told us to go to the er. So off we went. Aaron met us there and within just over an hour we were actually in and out. That in itself was a miracle. Who ever gets out of the er for anything in less 2 hours. So basically the dr told us that ibprofen is practically as safe as water and there was nothing that they had to do. Why the dr I called first couldn't have told me that I'm not quite sure, but I think it may have had something to do with the healthcare system wanting to collect my $100 er copay for practically nothing.
But better safe than sorry, especially with my sweet little KC, so I was more than relieved that they didn't have to do anything. For KC it was a fun time. He got to see a helicopter, a fun fish tank, and run around completely unaware that anything could have even been wrong.
So after that Daddy got to go back to work, and we still were able to make it to Parkers dr.s appointment. He got to have some fun xray pictures taken of his hand, got a sticker and sucker. And turns out he has a broken middle finger on his right hand. But all we have to do is keep it taped to the finger next to it for awhile and all will be well.
After all that we headed up to my moms house and spent the rest of the day. I got to take a nap :), and the kids had a great time playing. Thanks for taking care of us mom.
So all in all it was a crazy morning, and I'm exhausted. The boys are good as new other than a sore finger, but I might need a few days to recover lol.
14 comments:
Wow! So glad everyone is ok. You must be exhausted.
Hope Parker's finger heals rapidly. Glad to hear K.C. is OK. We used to have frowny face stickers on all our phones with the poison control number on them. I used that number several times with things being injested that shouldn't have been. It is scary. Rest and relax for a while, Kari.
As an ER employee, let me assure you that we don't benefit from the copay so we never lure people there. =) j/k I'm glad they're both okay! Hopefully tomorrow will be a calmer day...
Oh my gosh, Kari! That's crazy! I would have been freaking out about the medicine, too. Who'd have thought that Ibuprofen would be harmless in large amounts? Does that mean I can take more than two pills when I have a headache? :) I'm glad you're all okay now and that you got to take a nap. Thank goodness for grandma's! :)
Wow, what an exciting morning! I've called Poison Control several times, too. I'm so glad they have that service. Good to hear that everybody's going to be fine!
Never a dull moment! So glad all is well!
WOW, There is never a dull momoent with little ones around. I'm glad to hear that everyone is ok. Thank goodness for Grandma's and all that they do, i'm glad you got to take a nap.
That is crazy but doesn't everything seem to happen at once and for the record you can OD on IB proufen and Tylenol for that matter I know a girl in college who did it on accident (she had some bad cramps and took too much) and had to have her stomach pumped
I feel so bad that Parker's finger is broken!! Poor kid...no wonder he put up such a fuss!! I am so sorry!
Other than that problem, we sure enjoyed having you guys over (although after everything else,you may not WANT to come over!!).
Kari--what a day--not just one but both of them...So glad the KC is alright...and that you had Parker checked...hope that it heals fast.
We so enjoyed the day with everyone.
Big loves to all
oh craziness! How great that everything turned out ok--except the broken finger of course. Poor Parker! That must hurt like crazy. And I would've totally freaked out about KC. Good for you for keeping a relatively clear head!
Oh my goodness! I can't believe that ibuprofen is "like water"!!! How does it work, if it is water?!?! I am glad he is good though! Times like that make it rough to be a mommy!
I love the little princess cake you did! So cute! I hadn't bookmarked your blog, do you mind if I add you to my links? AND, I didn't know you were expecting either! When are you due? I am not very good at figuring out when 200 and something days will be! Do you know what you are having? That is so exciting! Congrats!
Yes. One day Charlotte swung on the closet rod and broke it, sending all the storage clothes down on her head, then took our "school" markers and wrote all over every piece of furniture in the house, then ate a bottle of chewable vit C and had to take epicac - yes. Motherhood.
I am still alive. Kathy is still alive. You, too, will make it.
Wow. That's intense. I'm very glad both your boys are ok, and you somehow survived. Wow. I can't wait for motherhood!
Post a Comment