Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Biggest Loser

So my friend Evelyn and I decided that now that we live so close to each other, and since we are both overweight and really need to work on it, we are going to get together every morning to workout together. We also joined in the Kmart weightless challenge. We have to go weigh in every 2 weeks and to stay in the competition we have to lose 2 lbs each weigh in. It was a little embarrassing because we had to go to Kmart in our exercise clothes and weigh in and have pictures taken, but its good incentive. Depending on how much you lose you can win prizes and the grand prize is 10000$. Of course that's out of all the stores and we probably won't win that, but we might get some free stuff along the way.
So on monday we started with this new video from the biggest loser. And it was hard, really hard. And for the past few days I've hardly been able to walk! My legs are so sore, the stairs are a real problem, you should see me hobbling around. Its painful, but good to know that we actually worked some muscles. Ones I haven't felt for a long time. So we might have to do something a little less intense to start, but it feels good to start the day out moving.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Yay! Good for you, Kari! You can do it! (I don't know if you already have a cheerleader or not - or if that sort of thing doesn't really work for you, but you got some encouragement anyway) :D

Liz said...

Woo hoo! Way to go! Though I wouldn't call either of you overweight by any stretch of the imagination! Seriously. What were you thinking?!