Did you think I'd stopped baking? Well, I did for a while, I'm been getting some tendentious I think in my wrist after I do a cake and it makes it hard to do much afterwards, even just small cakes have been a problem. And then with moving it was kinda on hold. But I updated my ads today and have already had a few emails for cakes so that's exciting. And I'm working on a new website, thanks to Dad and his help hopefully in the next few weeks we can get it up and going. Here the one I did today for a baby shower tomorrow. Its not really babyish, but she wanted something chocolaty and classy. Its a rich devils food pound cake with a white chocolate cream cheese icing and fresh berries. I had some extra cake so Aaron and I tasted the combo tonight and I think it was my favorite so far. The cream cheese in the icing really helps lower offset the sweetness and it was really good with the sweet berries.
7 comments:
The cake looks great! I can imagine how wonderful it tastes. The pictures of your house, holidays, etc look wonderful!
Ok, so just your description was making my mouth water. I have a special place in my heart for baked goods, and lately I have really been craving cake. Thanks for the fix!
Mmmm...cream cheese frosting...LOVE IT!
I agree with everyone...the cake looks and sounds YUMMY!! It is an interesting choice for a baby shower...
Sounds like a fun New Years party. It is always fun to be around extended family!!
yummm, your cakes always make me so hungry!
And those pictures of KC with the kitties is so adorable. He's such a sweet little guy!
Kari that cake sounds so yummy! It makes me want to have a party so I can have you make one for me! I love looking at your blog and seeing what you and your little family is up to! Congratulations on your new house! So exciting, and I totally know your laundry problems, mine is off my kitchen as well, the never ending battle of laundry continues!
Okay. Why did I read this when I was fasting???
Post a Comment