Friday, January 18, 2008

One of those days...

when I wonder why I actually had children on purpose. I think we are all getting tired of the cold yucky weather that has us trapped in the house. And it is definitely affecting me and the kids. They are driving me crazy today!!! Aaron should be home any minute :), and that is the only thought keeping me sane. I love these kids, but they are so grouchy today. I think its time to get out and use up some of that extra energy. We need somewhere we can go where the kids can run wild until they drop.
What do you do with kids all day when you can't even go out for a short walk without freezing? How do you still get everything you need to done, and manage to entertain little ones at the same time with out just letting them watch tv all day? I think I need a yummy dinner, made by someone else, some pilates to relax me and a nice hot bath.
Thank goodness its friday and I don't have to do this alone for the next few days :) I LOVE it when Aaron gets to be home. Its the most wonderful part of the week.

9 comments:

Ginna said...

yeah, I know what you're talking about! sometimes I just want to go crazy by the end of the day. Thank goodness for weekends.
Sometimes if Max and I just can't stand to be at home anymore we'll go over to the Barnes and Noble where they have a train table. Max would play with that stuff for hours probably if I'd let him.

Shersy said...

Sorry it's been a tough week! The kitchen looks great! So glad Parker likes Sunbeams! Hinckley is enjoying it too. Have a wonderful Sunday!

Liz said...

This post is exactly the reason I love San Diego. I can still take my kids outside to play. I hate the cold and I hate how confining the cold is! I'm really sorry that you had such a tough day. I know the feeling. I'm relieved every day when Dan walks through the door and I know I can walk away for a few minutes without screaming, crying, begging, whining, or sulking following me. I hope you're having a lovely, relaxing weekend! Enjoy your bath! :)

GrannySharon said...

Try an exercise video for the kids! We used to march and dance to a sesame street one! I remember the kids loving "Barbie & the Rockers" and they made up their own "band" and sang the words!! I used to exercise & dance with them and we had so much fun...there were times it was a great stress-reliever for me, too!

Stephanie said...

I agree...the best part of the week IS when Britton is home with me. By the way, I love the new picture of you...it's a great shot!

Anonymous said...

I hope you fit in pilates, dinner, and a hot bath into that doozy of a day. It sounds like you more than deserved it. I'm so over this winter thing already. Give me some sunshine and green grass.

Sarah said...

McDonalds!! I usually dislike taking my kids since I walk in and can just feel all the germs but sme days, it's needed. Then nap time or something so I can get a few things done. When Jake gets done, if it's been a bad day, he'll take them to some store (they behave for him) or on a drive, and I get the bath! It's already the end of January, spring is around the corner!

Dan and Anne said...

That is rough! I can understand the need for a break! How is the new house? I like the new format for the blog... very cute!

Kathy said...

Kari I certainly understand the feelings. Been there done that. When we get home and you are all healthy I would love to take the kids for a while and give you a break. Nurse everyone back to health quickly. Hope Aaron feels better soon. Love you