Friday, January 25, 2008

Does this remind anyone else of a pet store? Its a double decker crib system for daycares. Oh the things you can find on craiglist. Poor kids

10 comments:

Lechelle said...

Reminds me of this story that made news a couple years ago: http://www.courttv.com/news/2007/0216/caged_children_ap.html
I love that one of the girls told the judge "I ask that they get as much time in jail for as long as my siblings had to be in cages."
At least if it is on craigslist someone is trying to get rid of it and stop using it. Too bad they don't just hack it into firewood.

Stephanie said...

Hey, I must have your old number, cause when I call, it says it doesn't work anymore. You can call me or email your number to me. 254-8940, or stephaniebutterfield@live.com
Talk to you soon!

Sarah said...

I guess if you have a lot of kids, this might be the way to go...if they are crazy!! Look at the little kid getting in, "Help me!" If I took my children to a place and saw this, I would seriously never go there. Obviously they aren't illegal--do they even have locks at the bottom? Awful.

Kari said...

The crazy thing is I found this in a link listed on craiglist that takes you to the companys website that sells these, they had a bunch of different ones.

Ginna said...

yeah, it's exactly like a pet store. That's crazy. But seriously if you had triplets or something like that it might be a pretty useful piece of furniture to have around....you know what I mean!

Kathy said...

That is amazing. I have never seen anything like it. It is hard to believe they can get away with that. I guess someone is trying to save space but give me a break.

Liz said...

Hmmm...isn't that a fire hazard? I mean, locking the kids in wouldn't be too easy to undo in an emergency. It totally reminds me of a pet store. How sad.

Regan said...

I'm sorry, but all of these comments are cracking me up! That thing is crazy! They're probably quite expensive, too.

K said...

Actually, if you're putting multiple kids down for a nap, you'd want latches on the doors - and these are no smaller spaces than the travel play pen/cribs we fold away into the closet. You can see the kids clearly, and there's obviously a good airflow without the danger of a kid falling out. I don't think they're that bad. What kid that age is going to be able to get out of a crib in a fire, by the way? This way, if you have to get them all out fast, they're all in one place so you can!

Pam Burrus said...

Hi - passer-by-er here. I had to google "double decker cribs" after I saw the show "Making Room for Baby" where they made one for twins. It was in this tightly enclosed area that looked like baby cages. Freaky. The ones you posted look like those chicken incubator things - and is that glass on the window?? All I have to say is WEIRD and I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way! Thanks for posting.