Not much new is going on around here other than getting ready for 2 birthdays. Aarons been home sick the past few days with pneumonia, but he's feeling a lot better and will probably head back to work tomorrow. Its been nice to have him around. Especially since he let me sleep in this morning until 10!! I know, I should be taking care of him, but he got up before I even heard the kids and shut the door so I wouldn't hear them. When I got up I found the 3 of them around the table playing games and having fun. Hes such a good daddy :)
Anyways, Parkers birthday is sunday so we are having a little party saturday morning. So today we ventured off to the party store to get some stuff. Parker went with me and it was so cute to see how excited he was over everything! He wanted everything in the store :) After we were done there I told him that Daddys birthday is on monday so maybe we could go get him a present. He liked that idea, a lot. This is what he said to the suggestion.
"Mom, what does Daddy like?"
"He likes tools" mom
"Oh, well....I know mom, you could just pick it, and put it in the present paper, and then I could give it to Daddy! And he will just love it! Can we do that right now and then give it to him when we get home?"
It was funny. We ended up not going shopping for Daddy today, but we will tomorrow or friday and it will be fun to let him pick something out, even though he thinks I should do it. The hard part will be getting him to keep it a secret until monday.
5 comments:
Birthdays are so fun! And it's so fun that the boys are getting old enough to really be involved and excited. We have a present for Parker here (Max and I picked it out) but it's going to be late, I'm sorry. I got sick last week and it's ruined everything! But it will come. I hope that's ok!!
I should add that Kari took good care of me and let me rest and get better. I think I'm looking forward to Partker's Birthday more than mine. He gets to have a fun party!
Aaron
Secrets at that age are ALWAYS hard! Good luck with that, and have fun celebrating!
Speaking of birthday's...Jack's is coming up. Quick question - Jack loves Sesame Street, so I thought I would make an Elmo face on Jack's bday cake (or whatever Sesame Street something I could find). I thought you might be a good person to ask where I might be able to find a cake stencil or template for that kind of thing. Do you know? [And sorry if this is a completely duh kind of question, but I know nothing about crafty stuff :( ]
Parker is already sounding male--letting you do al the work and he gets the credit! That was too cute though! Have fun at the party. I wonder who will make the cake...;)
Post a Comment