Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Cakes or Kitties

Who should have to choose between 2 such wonderful things. In the back of my mind I knew this would probably be an issue, but I wasn't really thinking about pushing my business very much right now so I wasn't too worried. But now my head is filling with idea for cakes I want to make and things I want to learn.
Why is this a problem and what does it have to do with my kitties? Well, all these things cost $$, and to have $$ to spend on it I need to do more cakes, to get more cakes I need to advertise more, to advertise more I need to be a real business so I don't get in trouble. To get my business license and permits for a home based food business the cats have to go. That or be locked in a cage all day, no "free roaming animal" in the residence. And what cat deserves to be locked in a cage all day. Or be forced to live outside where is cold and dirty.

So the question is, how much do I really want to be a business. Or am I willing to have sad kids, and probably an even sadder husband, if we say bye bye to the kitties. Not to mention we just intalled 2 cat doors downstairs.

Good thing is the process for getting all the permits and all is kinda lengthy so we have a while to decide.

2 comments:

Liz said...

Awwww, total bummer that you have to choose between them! Although I can see the logic. That would be so hard for me. Well, not with pets. But if I had to choose between two other loves, I don't know what I'd do. Especially if one was photography. Good luck!

Ginna said...

oh man, tough call. I'd definitely be sad to have to get rid of Sultan for something like that. Keep us posted!