Annie (my cousin Phil's wife) refered me to a friends of hers for a wedding cake. Thanks Annie!!! I really appreciate all of you that are telling your friends and family about my cakes. I love getting more experience, expecially with wedding cakes. I think it may be time for a new camera, again. Maybe we are just to rough on them, or maybe its time to get Parker his own so he doesn't want to use ours all the time. Now almost all our pics are coming out blurry. But I did get a few pics of the cake today. I'm beggining to think I should take a floral arranging class so when I set up cakes I know what I'm doing when the bride hands me a pile of flowers and wants me to arrange them on the cake for her. :) Its actually kinda fun to do, and I think I'm getting a little better at it. But it does take more time than just dropping off the cake so I think I might start charging more for it, or just for my cakes in general. I don't know. How much did you guys pay for your wedding cakes? How big were they? I think my prices are pretty good, expecially since I don't have tons of expreince, but I keep getting told I'm cheaper than anyone else so maybe thats a bad thing. Maybe people will wonder whats wrong with my cakes if I'm charging so much less than everyone else.
I need some help here. Take a look at my cake site and let me know what you think about my prices will ya? Considering I've only been doing this for a year now, but most customers don't know that. And that it cost a whole lot more to make a cake that big than most people seem to think it does, not to mention tons of time. So I want your honest opinion on what I'm charging, too much, too little, just right? Thanks for your help!! The goal is to make enough that I can afford to get licensed and be legal (always helps ;)) but not be overwhelmed by too many cakes that I can't spend time with my boys. And to have enough to pay for more classes and tools as needed. Anyways, sorry for the rambling, heres the pics.



9 comments:
Such a beautiful cake! And I really wish I had some advice for you on prices. I didn't buy my wedding cake, so I don't know how much it was. But I'm no good at that kind of thing anyway. I hope someone can give you some good advice.
The cake was a total hit! I know that my wedding cake was quite a bit more expensive, and it wasn't anything all that fancy. I don't think it would be terrible if you raised your prices some. It should be worth your time. You go to a lot of work and you should be rewarded for that.
Beautiful cake! I spent $250.oo on Regan's, but I am not sure what it was made of, etc!! Sorry...
Wow! I just came across your blog randomly. You are a very talented lady!
Kari, The cake is so beautiful. You definitely need to charge enough to make it worth your time and supplies. I don't know what you should charge. Maybe you could look at your competition and see how you compare. You do great work.
Your cakes are wonderful. Don't feel bad about charging more--then you won't get a millions calls--just enough to keep you busy, but not too busy.
My wedding cake wasn't anything great, from what I remember. Just two little layers. Not nearly as pretty as any of yours!
We got Bridget one of those kid digital cameras, and she LOVES it so much! It really takes pretty good pictures, and stands up to being dropped all the time. I'm glad we got it. I think it's the Fisher-Price one.
I paid between $250 and $325 for Ginna's and Lorri's cakes, and that was a dear friend - a pro but out of her own house. She did chocolate for Lorri with a dark fondent. I don't remember Gin's - she'll have to tell you that.
By the way - gorgeous cake. Classy, simple design - really lovely. Hot-cha.
Post a Comment