Friday, February 29, 2008

Idaho here we come...



We're leaving for Boise in a few hours to visit Aarons brothers and sisters. Jared and Cory just had a new baby girl that they will be blessing this weekend. So since we haven't been up in 3 years we decided its about time for a visit.

In honor of baby Shilo I made this cake. I'm going to attempt to take it on the trip, a 6 hr drive. Hopefully it will make it there. I just love all the bright colors.

My moms good friend Dixie gave me this adorable cake stand as a house warming gift and I LOVE it! So I made the cake to coordinate with it.
Isn't it perfect for spring? I can't wait to make an Easter cake with it.

9 comments:

Ginna said...

oh adorable! Have fun in Idaho!

Kathy said...

That is soooooo cute. Dixie will be very happy to see that you could use the cake stand. It is very adorable and especially with a fun cake on it. Have fun in Idaho. Love you

Unknown said...

I love the plate, I love the cake!!! They're both great!!! I hope you post the Easter/Spring cake you decide to do as well. Hope all is going well for you at your new house!!

B-Jo

K said...

Oh, my GOSH. The cake is ADORABLE. Kari - you are amazing.

Becky said...

Absolutely beautiful! What a fun way to celebrate a new baby! Great job!

Chazi R said...

((THis is Charlotte, by the way!)) That cake is positively DARLING!

Lechelle said...

It looks great Kari. I hope you guys have a fun and safe trip!

Dixie said...

Hope your trip to Idaho was wonderful! Kari, you amaze me, I heard that you whipped up that cake the same day I was there.... and with two little boys. It is sooooo cute.

Stephanie said...

Great job! And the first thing I noticed about the cake was that it matched the stand so I hope that makes you feel good! :D