Tuesday, February 5, 2008

when washing a mouth out with soap, liquid soap is much more effective than bar soap. just ask parker

10 comments:

Ginna said...

ooooh man, what fun. Yuck.

Stephanie said...

Good to know!

K said...

Actually, that's what I did with my kids. When somebody used abusive language or tone of voice, I simply put one tiny touch of ivory dish soap on the tongue. It was WAY enough. You could also require the eating of a non-chewable white vitamin C. I don't know if congress would approve, but it sure worked in terms of turning out well-spoken, dignified, self-controlled kids.

Anonymous said...

Kari it was cool to find your blog! Your kids are so cute. I looked at Kris's and Kelly's too. Tell 'em hi. Hope you're doing well. I'll keep checking back for more!

Liz said...

Uh oh. What did the little man say? Bummer for him.

Kari said...

he didn't really say any bad words, but he sure was having an attitude with me and I've decided I'm just not going to put up with talking back anymore. After all, hes only 4! If this is just the begining of it I'm in trouble.

Kathy said...

Parker is giving you some attitude? I can hardly believe it. That sweet innocent little boy? Glad to see that you found a way to help him learn. He is a cutie though even when he is giving orders to you or his strong opinion. Be strong.

Sarah said...

We agree. We've tried that one before too. Glad you found something that works for him. Don't you wonder where the attitude they have comes from? Couldn't be from us! ;)

Stephanie said...

You are totally invited to girls night!! I just posted something about it so check it out. Sorry so short, Jack just blew out - gotta run (no pun intended!) :)

Dixie said...

What?? It made me giggle:) My boys still talk of the one time I put one teeny drop of tabasco in one of their mouths (I can't remember which one)...........but the story gets bigger each time I hear it, I think last time it was up to a bottle and a half!