I yelled at someone on the phone today. I don't like yelling on the phone to people who I know are really not directly responsible for the problem there is. But I was really really mad, and I'd already been transfer to a million different people who all wanted to "call me back".
Let me explain
When we moved we rented a UHaul. Let me advise against this. The people there are morons.
We used our truck and returned it during our alloted time. They did however make us drive around to 2 different places after telling us to return it to a location that was closed with no way of leaving the truck and keys. This was saturday before christmas.
So we dropped it of finally here in spanish fork.
Fast forward to last week-- we get a letter in mail saying that we never returned the truck or the equipment. Um, you'd think if the truck didn't get back more than a month later, after someone only wanted it for a day they would do more than send a letter.
Anyway, Aaron called, turns out the truck was being rented right then to someone else, so gee, we must have returned it and disregard the notice.
Well I would disregard it, except then they charged our credit card almost $300!!!
Yeah, lets just say I was mad, not to mention now our bank account is screwed up.
So I called, and that guy said that our truck was returned in Orem with no dollies in it, um, no. We returned it in Spanish fork with the dollies, in December.
So he was going to have to call me back. A few days pass. I call again,
"Oh, no one called you yet? Thats strange. Call the Salt Lake office."
So I call there where I am trasfer 3 times, and they would like to call me back.
I refused and told them I needed this taken care of right now, not whenever they get around to calling me back.
So 2 more transfers, each time having to explain the situation all over again of course. And when that last lady ask to get my number so she could call me back I just about lost it. Well, I did lose it, but just a little. And I yelled. And she yelled back. Rude.
So anyways, they say they'll get it taken care of, we'll see.
So don't rent uhaul, they suck.
6 comments:
Go Kari!! Sometimes it seems the only thing left to do.
Oh boy, even reading this makes my blood boil. I want to know what happened to customer service! Seriously. It doesn't exist anymore. Everyone thinks you're the bad guy instead of the victim. Blah, blah, blah. I'm sorry you had to go through that. I would have yelled, too. I hope you get it taken care of!
I so hate being passed from person to person and having to tell the story over and over. It doesn't help to yell, either, because the people who have the power to help you are usually the lower level folks you're talking to - if they like you, they can do magic. If they don't, they stop understanding English.
I know exactly how you felt. Grrrr.
ick. stuff like that is the absolute worst. Good luck!
We had issues with u haul when we moved here too. They had us with the wrong size truck, dates, etc. And they call you the day before you need it to let you know if you have it or not. Good luck!
So glad that day is over right? I'm happy to hear they are refunding your money. After all that is all you wanted to begin with. Why was it so hard?
Post a Comment