Here are some updates on recent posts.
KC is doing a fabulous job sleeping in his big boy bed. We put one of those childproof handles on the inside of the door so he can't open it. Bedtimes have been good, and naptimes are getting better :)
Aaron called Uhaul again today to follow up and they are refunding our money. And I didn't have to yell again and get all upset.
I'm keeping my kitties. I love them, and I want to have them to snuggle with at night. Last night Pumpkin found his way under the covers and slept on my tummy. And Butter likes to snuggle right next to my face. Theres just nothing better than a nice warm kitty to love. And when I get stressed out, I can love on them and it helps, alot. I think thats why I loved my old cat Star so much. Growing up with 3 brothers was not an easy thing to do. Having a cat was the only thing that got me through it. :) So it only makes sense that since I am again in a house full of boys, I have a cat or two to keep me sane.
So I'll just keep doing cakes the way I have been so far. No official business yet for me. Maybe when my kids are in school and I can really have time to make a lot of cakes. For now 1 or 2 a month is good. I'll just have to beg for $ for classes for my birthdays :)
I am going to try learning to make sugar bubbles. I ordered some equipment for it this week. It sounds kinda hard, but I think I can figure it out eventually. That would be cool.
And I have about 6 cakes worth of dummies that I am working on so I can have some more elaborate cakes for my portfolio. Then maybe I'll get orders for fancier cakes, and that would be fun.
I'm also thinking about adding a bar in our kitchen, it will close it off a little, but just think of all that fabulous counter space. I get excited just thinking it. They came and measured today and should have a quote for me on monday :) The bummer part is they will have to replace most the counter top to make it work, and that will cost a lot, but hopefully we can still do it.
So thats all thats going on here. Aaron got promoted at work :) No more $ yet, but probably soon so thats exciting. And now he doesn't have to be running around all day fixing stupid problems that people could do for themselves if they would use their help menus.
The kiddos are cute and crazy. They like to alternate. One day I could go insane and sometimes have, and the next they are so fun I wonder why I was ever so mad. Although I've learned that for everyones survival it is vital that they never, ever, go visiting teaching with me again. Ever.
11 comments:
Yay for all...except going insane...don't go insane. :)
Amen with the visiting teaching. I hear there is a lady in our area who has about 6-8 home schooled kids she takes visiting teaching to an elderly lady. Crazy!!
Congratulations with success in the big boy bed! And I'm sure I will need some of those child proof door handle thingys in the near future. I'm happy that the kitties keep you sane. Ohhh, I have to run...talk to you later!
xoxosteph
I love your blog- it's so fun to see what you are doing, I don't know how you do it all! Have fun and enjoy it- even the insane moments!
I love to read your blog!! Your kids are so adorable and you always put such a fun spin on things!!
Glad you are keeping your kitties, too. I grew up with them and wish I could have one again, but never will. Enjoy them for me!
I like your plan on the cake business. You are so good, but you have to make decisions based on your family needs. Later is good for your family now. I am still sending a check, though. Won't be alot, but hope it helps...and I don't need a special cake!! We love ya!!
Oh Sharon! You don't have to do that! But I do appreciate it. Why'd I pick such an expensive hobby, not to mention fattening ;)
So with you on Visiting Teaching! I don't take my kids any more - and it's a great thing. Maybe that's why I'm gone so long?!?
Love the blog!
Busy, as always... :)
Hi. Greetings from Alabama. Hope you are having a good week. Thanks for all the updates. Kiss the little boys for me.
I would choose the kitties over the males sometimes! ;) Glad for U-Haul to refund the money. If only they could refund all the headaches and misery too!
Cute boys, as always. Kai figured out those childproof locks awhile ago. THey did work but he tried to figure it out so often theat one day he did. We've never been the same since!
Post a Comment