Some of you have asked about how all the cakes are going this month so here a quick little update. Right now I'm working on a wedding cake for tomorrow. It should be really pretty. It is 4 stacked tiers of strawberry cake (the bottom tier is a white gluten free cake), covered in an almond cheesecake fondant. The cake will ahve alternating ribbons of pink and yellow around the bottom of each tier and flowers on it provided by the brides florist. I am really excited to get it done and see the finished look. Wedding cakes are so fun, and this one is hardly stressful at all, unlike the last time. By the way I did finally get to talk to the bride from last week and she told me that she loved the cake and that everyone thought I had been doing cake for years! She's even sending me a check for more money! I'm so glad she liked it.
I also made a carrot cake for Aarons office last week. It was pretty simple. There were 4 b-days so I didn't have room for lots of decorations. And I forgot to take a picture. Sorry :(. But lots of people said that it was the best carrot cake they had ever had! I'd never tried the recipe before so it took a little trial and error, I ended up having to bake 2 cakes because the first didn't turn out. But it was well worth it for the reviews it got. The next day I did a superman birthday cake for Evelyn's son Kai. It was 2 tiers. The bottom was made from a dummy cake, the top was a white cake with raspberry filling. It had chocolate buildings around the base and was iced in a sky blue buttercream. The top tier had fluffy white clouds and a superman symbol. Superman was flying on the top of the cake. The only bummer was that when I went to leave the car was way too hot! So the tops of the buildings that I had made started to melt a little. It was also when our camera decided to stop working so I didn't get a picture. but Evelyn did and should be emailing me one soon. I'll post it as soon as its available.
Over the next few weeks I have 3 more b-day cakes to do, an office cake again, and the baby blessing cake. So it will be busy, but fun!
Thank you everyone for all your nice comments and compliments on my cakes. Its been so fun learning and I still have so far to go. All your support has meant a lot. And thanks for letting me make cakes for you!
No comments:
Post a Comment