Monday, July 23, 2007

I finally did it!

So I try to go walking in the morning with a friend at 6:00am. We used to do it a lot, but then got lazy and stopped. We started up again last week :) and its been really fun. No kids to worry about and the nice peaceful morning. Well today she never came outside :(to meet me so instead of going home and crawling back into my nice warm bed like I really really wanted to do, I went to the rec center and did a pilates class. It was just an into class so it wasn't too intense, and there were a lot of old ladies there. But hey you gotta start somewhere right? It was a lot of fun and much more motivating to do with all the other people there. They also have a step class at 6:00 that I might try out next time. I can't believe the difference it makes in my day when I get up and get going. I never thought I'd actually get up at 6:00am on my own accord. I also started weight watchers over the weekend! Thanks Mom :)!! Its a lot harder than I thought to stick to eating things that won't put me over my points, but I managed to break even yesterday and even snuck a few cookies in. Hopefully today I can be under, especially since I get points for exercising. So wish me luck! My goal right now is to lose 15lbs by the end of September if not sooner :). Its hard having to worry about my weight now. I never had to when I was younger, even though I obsessed about it constantly. Things sure do change when you have kids. I envy those girls that hardly gain anything during pregnancy and what they do is lost in the first few weeks. But I guess they were probably in better shape to begin with. So the race is on and I can't wait to feel better and look better.

8 comments:

Ginna said...

Go Kari go. I think the classes are so much more fun than working out alone, and much more motivating. I like the step class and the tae box class they have here at our gym.
And isn't eating strict so hard? I think it sucks.
But I'm cheering you on, I'm going for the same thing!

See you in a few pounds. :)

Liz said...

Way to go, Kari! That's awesome. I think I would have crawled back in bed. You are an inspiration! By the way, I hate those girls, too. It's just simply not fair! Everyone should gain at least 30lbs, and then struggle to lose the weight while they sustain their child. :) That would make me feel a lot better. :) Keep it up!

Kari said...

30lbs? I'd kill to only gain 30lbs during a pregnancy. The best I've managed is 40 minimum. Oh well. At least my babies have all been really healthy, I guess theres something to be said for that right?

Diana said...

Good for you Kari! I can totally relate with your post today. I just recently started working out again, and you are right, it totally makes a difference in how you feel. My goal is to lose 15 pounds too!

Anonymous said...

Go Kari! It is hard to get up early, but most of the summer I have seen the beautiful sunrise each morning. Yes, I am weeding, picking fruit, or moving sprinklers to get exercise, but it has been a great start to my day. I don't think I'll lose any weight, but I do feel good. Good luck. Sue

Sarah said...

Chasing Kai helps me! I gained 40 with him. Getting older is hard because you do have to worry about your weight and health now. I'm sure making all that cake doesn't help to keep you on target, huh? Good luck!

Joan said...

Thats GREAT Kari..and weight watchers is the way to go... along with your exercising... Lots of luck...

Ola said...

Good for you! Walking is GREAT for losing wait - I'm serious and on top of it, it doesn't make your legs bulky (is that a word?) or chunky at all!

I still have some weight to lose, but I lost 30lbs already and I've gained 40lbs, so I think I did good. And remember that it's doable. Just make SUPER small goals for yourself (1-2lbs a week), so you can loose it and get motivated! :)