Saturday, July 28, 2007
Ouch!
Well it seems I'm out of commission today. Good thing there's not much to do other than a house to clean and laundry. Things than can wait I suppose. Yesterday, when I was tending 3 extra little kids, I fell going out to get the mail and hurt my ankle. I had to call Aaron to come home and help me because it seemed I could no longer walk or carry kids. And since they were all eating lunch and needed to go to bed soon I really needed the help. It never swelled up or bruised or anything so I don't think it's hurt too bad, but it sure is painful. I did manage to limp around on it most the night at a b-day party for my cousin Lisa. Which was really fun! I love seeing family, especially the older cousins that I have so many fun memories with. And the cake was a hit! One person thought it was fake and that the choc. curls were potpourri. But it was absolutely delicious. And the gluten free cake was yummy too, tasted just like regular cake. After eating my piece and the rest of Parker's,which was all but the frosting he picked off, I think I've had my extra points for the year :). But anyways, back to my foot. This morning I woke up and it hurts really really bad. I can hardly move it. So we went to webmd and think it probably has a mild sprain. Sorry if this isn't making sense or my spelling is awful. I took a pain pill and am having trouble typing. Anyway Aaron has ordered me to sit on the couch with my foot up all day. Why is it so hard to just relax, especially with a good reason. All I can think about is the things I'd like to be getting done. But I'm grateful for a good hubby to take care of me and the kids. Hes at the store right now getting me something to wrap my ankle in and some crutches so I can get around the house without having to out pressure on my ankle. Good thing I can still do most my pilates without using my ankle too much.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Take care of that ankle--it's hard to keep up with little ones when you're laid up. I saw some nice crutches at DI for $5 the other day. Almost bought them. The cake looks great! Sue
Kari, God is telling you to slow down! :) Hope you feel better soon.
that really sucks that you got hurt but at least it was not in the middle of all those cakes you had to make well tkae it easy and get lots better
You got to be more careful! I totally understand having to take it easy and not wanting to!
Post a Comment