So I've decided that hidden somewhere deep within me is a desire to be a great chef. Have you ever watched this show? Its amazing. The language isn't all that nice, but at least they try to bleep most of it out. They have a bunch of aspiring chefs that are competing to win the chance to run a restaurant. I don't think I'd really want to have my own restaurant. Too many years of waitressing I think. But I've rarely ever eaten in a place with "pretty" food. You know where it looks like its not real and maybe you shouldn't eat it. And each bit probably cost you 5$ or more.Anyway, the more cooking shows and cake shows and other things I watch related to all of it the more I fall in love with the trade and want to be a part of it. This may seem surprising to those that know me well, because most days the kitchen is not the place that I want to be hanging out. But give me a kitchen with air conditioning for one (this is very important), a pantry full of fresh ingredients, and all the kitchen utensils and cookware one could imagine and I just might be in Heaven. I love to cook when I have what I need and am not getting frustrate by last minute runs to the store for lost ingredients. Anyway, watch the show. The finally is next week. I vote for Bonnie. I just like her style better. She looks so sweet and innocent, but shes a feisty one.
So if you don't leave this post with anticipation for next Mondays night show, at least now you know that I like kitchen stuff, and anything related to that makes a good present anytime :).
2 comments:
I think I'd seen it once before I caught a few minutes last night. It looked interesting, but Bridget was still up and the yelling and "beep"ing got to be too much (it was the part where he sent the one guy away from the restaurant and told him to take off his jacket, etc. - probably the worst part).
I've been learning TONS from these cooking shows and I love them, too. I've decided I must have a food processor - everyone uses those. And how cool would it be to have a whole collection of really nice knives?!
I'm with ya.
hells kitchen is awesome. i like it because chef is mean to people when they do dumb stuff.
Post a Comment