Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Relaxing with my boys

Well the week is going much better, and slower than expected! The kids ended up not coming on monday so I don't have to do day care all week. Parker is missing his friends, but I'm glad for the break. Then I am almost finished with the wedding cake, and since there are so many b-day for the office I don't have to do lots of decorations for that cake. And superman will only take a few hours. So we are destressing and having fun! I worked most of monday so that night we went and saw Ratatouille and went to Wingers for dinner. Since Wingers had their kids meals on special we got KC his own and he ate almost all of it!! Good thing we didn't make the boys share. I really enjoyed the movie, the kids not so much. Parker loves movies at home, but seems to get scared at the theater. He doesn't seem to live when it gets really dark. And KC, well, he's 1, what more needs to be said. Then yesterday we took the day off and played. We went walking in the canyon with some friends in the morning, then to the park for lunch with more friends. After that Parker and KC played for hours together. Parker got all his stuffed animals and tucked them into his bed, and KC climbed all over them laughing. It is so fun that they are entertained by each other now. When I asked Parker what they were doing he told me his animals couldn't find their mommy so they were sad so he was taking care of them. It was cute.

So today is another relaxing day. I'm going to finished up the cake so I can do the other tomorrow, and then we are going to hang out and play, maybe go out in the sprinklers or on our new slipn'slide.
Here's a cute pic of the boys waving goodbye to Daddy as he leaves for work. The do it everyday and KC's getting pretty good at waving too.

2 comments:

Joan said...

So glad that you are having some slow time---for just you and the boys.
Sounds like you are doing lots of fun things. Be sure to get a picture of the wedding cake..Enjoy the day

Liz said...

I love the waving picture. How fun that they can watch they're Daddy leave for work. Oh, and I'm so excited for Anders to be a bit more stable so that he and Soren can really get into playing with each other. Soren already hates it when Anders has to take a nap. I can't wait!