Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Preliminary wedding cake photos




Here are some pics of the cake, Of course it will look much better tomorrow with the flowers and the whole setup. My friend Evelyn the photographer is coming with me to set it up and take lots of pretty pictures for me :). Thanks Evelyn! It's not as nice as I thought it would be, but aren't we always our worst critic? But I think for my first wedding cake with fondant its not that bad. All the pearls are made from fondant, and the shells are chocolate. I made them all, and it took forever! But I learned a lot and really hope that they like it tomorrow, I'm so nervous!!!
Anyways, I'll be sure to put some pics of the finished product when they are ready, and the carrot cake tomorrow too.

9 comments:

Lechelle said...

I love it, it looks great!

Ginna said...

Beautiful Kari, I can't wait to see the finished product! Good luck!

Ginna said...

Beautiful Kari, I can't wait to see the finished product! Good luck!

Kari said...

Thanks guys, I think the more I look at it though the less I like it. i just need to hurry and deliver it so I can get it out of my house! I don't know if it was worth all the stress its causing me, expecially since whe's only paying me 75$. AAAHHHH!!!

Liz said...

Way to go, Kari! It's awesome looking. I'm really impressed with all the detail. You should be paid way more to do such intricate work! Oh, and I'll get that cake plate to you sometime. It's still in my car, so next time I go out I'll call to see if you're home. :)

Liz said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Liz said...

Sorry, that deleted comment was mine. I got impatient and pushed the "post comment" button again...which made it post twice. Oops. :)

Anonymous said...

It is absolutely beautiful, Kari. It looks professional. Good luck on the setup. Sue

CoryAnn said...

I never am completly satisfied with any of my cakes they never seem to turn out as good as I want them too. but i do think your cake looks good and the pearls look really good