Why? I don't know. This week is so busy I think I might go crazy. That's it, after the next few months I'm not taking anything else on for a little while so I can get some sanity back and so my boys can remember what its like to have a mother. Right now I'm working on a wedding cake (my first paid wedding cake!!) for thursday. I wouldn't be so stressed about this if it didn't have hundreds of hand made pearls all over it. I have to put each one on by hand with tweezers. Urgh! But it should be really pretty when it's done. Then for Friday I have Aarons office cake. I get to do carrot cake this time so that will be fun. Grandma I'm using your recipe! They'll love it :). Then for saturday I have a superman cake for Evelyns sons birthday. Thats going to be really fun to make. I also have day care kids today, not on friday thankfully, we have a ward rodeo on friday night, and sometime we are going to try to find time for a date. Next week I have my second wedding cake, this one should be much less stressful. I think I have an order every week till about mid august, if not 2 or 3. I'm really excited that I've had so much business seeing as I just started and don't think I'm really all that good yet. I've been able to get a lot of practice with different things and have actually made a lot of money doing it! Too bad everyone can't be paid to do their hobby ;).
On the even better side of things, we are buying a house!!!!! Well, next year anyways, we hope. We came up with a really good plan last night for what we need to do before we dive in to home ownership. So sometime today I'm going to try to make our little savings chart, that we are marking by 5's so we can mark it in more and be more motivated. We're also going to go to a first time buyers workshop where they teach you lots of things about the whole process. Basically I think it's so you don't get screwed over by paying too much or not getting your house inspected or anything like that. I'd be really fun to just do it all right now, but I'm not so sure I'm ready to commit to living in one place for years, even if only 3 or 4. I like knowing that if I get tired of where I'm at we can move anytime. SO I need sometime to adjust to the idea. That and there isn't much out there thats not connected to someone else's house for less than 200K.
So in the meantime I can be excited to learn about different areas and where we might really want to be. And we can really work hard to save some money so we can be better prepared when the time comes. So if you start thinking we are being cheap, or unnecessarily frugal it because I really really want to be able to do this next year.
I'm so glad we have such good neighbors now that we know will be here just as long. Parker has a blast playing with the kids in the backyard. It's nice to have friends for all of us so close.
Anyways I'll be sure to post some pics of all the upcoming cakes as I get them done and anything else fun that comes our wayt his week. :). Have a good day!!
7 comments:
You are really busy and I can relate life can almost overwhelm you it seems like sometimes
You are my hero. Wanna come pack our house for us, too? :) I'm excited for you with the house-buying thing. It will be a while before we can get a house in San Diego. :) I like what you said about renting, though, that you can move any time you want really. So, thanks for the positive thinking tip! :)
Great to hear that you've got such a wonderful plan! Good luck on your progress - you're not the only one being cheap/frugal :) if it helps. Hang in there with all that work this week - we're thinking of you!
It all sounds overwhelming! Have fun!
Can't wait to see pics of your cake! ALL of them! :)
I love being busy, so just enjoy!!! :)
Kai is so excited for his superman party!! Thank you for doing it, I know you're completely busy!! : )
I'll take a bunch of pics of this one for you too with all the superman stuff around it from the party!
Good luck with everything!
Post a Comment