Well to keep with tradition we headed down south to good old Delta Utah for the 4th of July. My mom grew up in Delta and we've gone back for the 4th almost every year since I can remember. Most of the family comes and its a lot of fun to see everyone and get to hang out together. It was really really good timing to leave since Tuesday the pump in our swamp cooler broke and it was really HOT in our house!! It didn't help that I was running around all day trying to make KCs birthday cake, get the laundry done, and get things ready to go out of town. I miss A/C! I don't know how people live without any kind of air conditioning at all.
Anyway, we went to Delta Tuesday night and then got up nice and early on Wednesday morning to go to the Parade. This is the best parade ever, complete with lots of tractors, pooping horses, and demolition derby cars. I know, your asking yourself "How could we have missed this? How come no one told us that Delta is the place to be on the 4th of July?" Well, now you know and you cam come next year!
The Theme for the parade this year was 'Remember When...'. Back in the day my grandparents had a dairy farm, so they made a float for the parade and all my little cousins rode on it and threw candy. Thats right, candy. Does your holiday parade throw more salt water taffy then you could eat in a year? I think not. Parker was all about running around and collecting all the candy that he could, it was really fun with him this year. KC was confined to the playpen but liked pointing at everything as it came by. And the occasional rescue from Grandma and Grandpa holding him for a little bit.
Here are some fun pictures from the parade !



Bunny Hop!! This year as part of Deltas centennial celebration they wanted to beat the Guinness world record for the largest bunny hop. So before the parade started we all lined up down main st. and did the bunny hop! They said that there were over 3000! The old record was less than 2000. Here we are bunny hopping!


5 comments:
Looks like lots of fun! The cake looked so cute - I especially like the 3 level cake. What a great family getaway!
Happy Birthday, KC! And that bunny hop is awesome. You can now say that you were part of creating a world record. I'm jealous! :) Looks like you had a fun holiday and that you are, as usual, keeping yourself busy, busy, busy!
Way fun! We tried to stay away from crowds but this looks like a fun parade and place to be!
Cute pictures and I really liked the slide show. Looks like everyone had a great time. Good job on the cake, Kari. Sue
I'm a bit jealous of such a beautiful blue sky! Looks like a wonderfully fun day!
Post a Comment